Trinity Health Of New England Medical Group is looking for a Medical Assistant to join a mission-driven healthcare team. Our vision is to provide state-of-the-art healthcare to those within our local communities, creating a positive impact for each individual that walks through our doors.
This person is responsible for preparing patients for office visits, performing tasks including escorting patient to treatment rooms, obtaining pertinent patient information for medical records, and documenting information in patients' chart. The Colleague will also be responsible for processing patient telephone calls and correspondence for the practice, organizing and prioritizing duties to optimize efficiency and promoting positive patient outcomes.
Top Reasons to Work at Trinity Health of New England:
- Great benefits start on date of hire
- Competitive pay
- Mission-Driven Team Environment
- $2,500 Sign-On Bonus
You Will Be Responsible For
- Day Shift. Hours may vary (Possible Weekends depending on location)
Exceptional Patient Care: Prepares exam and treatment rooms. Prepares patients for examination and treatment. Ensures patient is given appropriate clothing in preparation for the expected physical exam or minor surgeries
Excellent Communicator: obtains pertinent history, enters into the medical record including chief complaint, medical and surgical history, allergies, medications, and appropriate review of systems, and takes/documents patient vital signs. In treatment rooms, serves as a scribe between patient and physician, documenting all relevant information.
Technical Familiarity: Processes and files all lab/diagnostic test results, correspondence, clinical notes in patients' chart after they have been reviewed by the physician. Assures accurate and complete documentation on patient records and notifies providers and other departments of diagnostic testing results.
Active Teamwork: Coordinates patient flow in the office. Collaborates with receptionist to make certain that patients are seen in a timely and efficient manner. Assists front office personnel by answering the telephone, scheduling patient appointments, and other tasks as needed
Education: High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of six (6) months of related clinical work experience is required.
- Excellent communication and people skills. Customer/patient service orientated.
- Work requires the ability to gather and interpret data in situations where the information or problems are not overly difficult or complex. Work requires the ability to multi-task.
- Work requires the ability to exchange information on factual matters; schedule appointments, assess and record vital signs in patient's chart, explain policies and procedures, and relay patients' need to appropriate personnel. This type of interaction requires courtesy and tact when dealing with patients and their families and /or health care system colleagues.
About Trinity Health Of New England:
- Knowledge of medical assisting normally associated with obtaining an Associate's Degree in Medical Assistance is preferred.
- National Certification as a Medical Assistant preferred.
Trinity Health Of New England is an integrated health care delivery system that is comprised of world-class providers and facilities dedicated to full spectrum preventative, acute, and post-acute care. We aim to deliver top-level care to increase our community's overall health at lower costs. While we serve nearly 3 million people, we are proud to be a part of a national system that focuses on putting our patients first and having the best colleagues to do so.
Trinity Health Of New England benefits include health insurance, adoption assistance, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, sick time, and professional advancement just to name a few. Employees can also take advantage of extra benefits specific to each hospital.Step up to your potential. Write your story and apply today!Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
This job has expired.