DCP Midstream is a Fortune 500 natural gas company dedicated to meeting the energy and consumer needs of our society. With a focus on technology and innovation, we safely and reliably operate a strong and diversified portfolio of logistics, marketing, gathering, and processing assets across nine states.
The Mechanical Technician is responsible for performing complex mechanical functions and duties including inspecting, checking, troubleshooting, repairing, and replacing mechanical equipment in order to maintain high levels of safe and reliable equipment performance.Possesses a high level of skills and is qualified to direct others, lead projects, perform the most complex troubleshooting and repair tasks. May oversee contractors. Mentors and trains less skilled employees.
What you will be responsible for
- Performs complextroubleshooting and root cause analysis of recurring issues failures on reciprocating engines, compressors, pumps, and associated components.
- Leadsor performsoverhaul of compressors and engines engine swings, including foundation work, initial alignment, testing, and startup.
- ProvidesQuality Assurance Quality Control over 3rd Party contractors performing major maintenance.
- Providesinformal leadership and guidance in support of MWP excellence.
- Maintainsand repairsengines, compressors and associated components, such as compressor valves, spark plugs, cooling and lubrication systems (auxiliary).
- Maintainsand repairsof pumps and associated components, such as amine, glycol, condensate, NGL, etc.
- Maintainsand repairsother mechanical equipment such as block valves, control valves, air compressors, manual valve actuators, etc.
- Maintainsand repairsfixed equipment such as filters (all types), strainers, dehydration systems, etc.
- Works autonomously at varying times and in diverse weather conditions, at remote field locations and is available for callout.
- Participates and successfully completes training programs, risk management reviews, and safety meetings.
- Reviews and follows procedures as necessary to ensure compliance of all company and industry standards.
- Accurately completes documentation such as; timesheets, Maximo work orders, safe job plans work permits and regulatory reports.
- Optimize work in most effective (efficient and leveraging priority) manner, in alignment with the Maintenance Work Process (MWP) and within the tenets of S.A.F.E. and Stop Work Authority.
- Maintain facility appearance and safety through good housekeeping practices.
- Effectively utilize tools and test equipment as needed.
- Respond to operational emergencies as a member of an emergency response team.
- Performs and accurately documents regulatory required inspections.
- May oversee contractors, providing specialty services (Quality Assurance, Quality Control).
- Reads and comprehends technical procedures, and/or governmental regulations.
- Writes technical reports and effectively presents information to managers and general plant personnel.
- Performs other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Completion of Tech school training program or one year of oil and gas operations experience is required.Employees typically have three or moreyears of experience in oil and gas operations specializing inmechanicalmaintenance; however, people with less experience may be hired into training roles.
- Valid Driver's Licenseand acceptable driving record
- Must live/relocate within 35miles of reporting location
- Strong communication skills, interpersonal skills with ability to build relationships
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to workextended hours, which may include evenings, weekends and holidays
- Ability to worksafely around various types of rotating equipment
This job operates in both inside gas plant conditions as well as in outside conditions that include inclement weather, heat and humidity. Noise level may be loud at times. Regularly stoops, squats, kneels and crouches for durations up to 3 minutes. Periodically pulls/pushes doors open to move around the gas plant. Occasionally exerts pulling force of 130 pounds. Frequently may lift and carry objects up to 50 pounds. Occasionally may climb A-frame ladders.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of DCP Midstream not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status.Primary Location:
Sep 4, 2021, 12:00:00 AMRecommended Skills
- Valves (Piping)
- Interpersonal Skills
- Oil And Gas
- Control Valves
- Quality Assurance
Get job alerts by email.Sign up now!
Join Our Talent Network!Job SnapshotEmployee Type
Lovington, NM, NMJob Type
Skilled Labor - TradesDate Posted
Apply to this job.
Think you\'re the perfect candidate?
This job has expired.