Materials Manager (Experienced Level Professional)
Michelin, the Worldwide leader in Tires, is hiring!
This Role is responsible for the development and direction of all materials related systems. This will include the following key activities: demand management, production planning, logistics and transportation, business information systems, shipping and receiving and supply chain process improvement activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures first in class customer service from the materials team upon receipt of orders and inquiries
- Represents the facility and planning process to all our customers as the site lead representative in Customer Partnership Team.
- Supervise and foster the development of Purchasing team members
Liaison between the plant and the supply chain group (S&OP - Sales & Production forecast)
Physical Demands & Working Conditions:
- In the AG BU the Materials Manager is the S&OP owner particularly in Peosta, so this should state owner of S&OP - Sales Forecast Analysis & Operational Planning Process
- Coordinate purchasing process for all materials
- Provide leadership and hands on technical expertise to the materials management function
- Accountable for all receiving, inventory control, issuing of material and logistics activities
- Mentor and assist the team in material flow management
- Lead administrative requirements to control materials inventory movement
- Ensure full control and traceability of material throughout the supply chain cycle
- Manage issuance of all materials from inventory to production
- Responsible for the Materials Management group optimizing and enhancing the utilization of equipment
- Finds opportunities for cost reduction and/or process improvement and communicates to the appropriate levels
- Collaborate with all the team members to develop and improve all the Value Stream Maps
- Lead communication and relationship requirements with procurement group related to internally supplied materials
- Maintain and report on established Key Performance Indicators
- Issues purchase order and delivery schedules to suppliers
- Manage PFEP program
- Works with the suppliers to ensure accurate and on time delivery
- Support the EMS, QMS & H&S systems
- Align with Company Policies and Procedures
- Overtime will be required from time to time and this may require weekends
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the key functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the vital functions.
Education & Experience:
- Manufacturing environment
- Steadily evolving priorities
- Travel will be minimal
- Associates Degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain or related field preferred
- Proven knowledge (5 years) in an MRP/ERP manufacturing environment with validated leadership experience in a materials subject area
- Proficient with MS Office
- Strong command of SAP and Lean Principles
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast paced and changing environment with multiple priorities and get results
- Leadership skills-influence at all levels
- Sense of customer service
- Strong team building, communication, presentation, interpersonal and mentoring skills
- Self-motivated; takes initiative, works with a minimum of supervision
- A Phenomenal teammate that works in concert with others to take on problems and willingly help
Motivated by our Purpose - We Care about Giving People a Better Way Forward - Michelin offers our employees a comprehensive Total Rewards package with competitive well-being, health care, life insurance and retirement benefits and perks such as:
- A competitive salary and benefits
- Collaboration with diverse and international co-workers
- Professional development opportunities
- A challenging role in a highly innovative company
- An Employee Assistance Program
(Take note that some elements of this Total Rewards package may differ from other positions offered at Michelin, as this role is opened at Camso, the Off-the-Road business line)Moving Forward Together: Apply Today!
Michelin is an equal employment opportunity employer of minorities, women, veterans and the disabled. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please contact us at email@example.com
This position is not available for immigration sponsorship.
This job has expired.