Are you looking for more?
At Mohawk Industries, we're committed to more - more customer solutions, more process improvements, more sustainable manufacturing and more opportunities for our team.
As a Fortune 500, global flooring leader with some of the best-known brands in the industry, Mohawk is a great place to start or develop your career with an emphasis on more of what's important to you. Whether you want to lead more, innovate more, learn more or create more, you can find your more with Mohawk.
Responsible for all material handling within the manufacturing department. Maintain line efficiencies by supplying raw materials to the line including: bonded elements, pallets of paper, core board, boxes, and shrink wrap. Performs required quality tests on incoming raw materials using a tape measure or other measuring device. Use business operating systems such as Shop Floor and Locus. Operates all material handling equipment including industrial trucks, hoists, conveyors and floor scrubbers.
- Utilize a sit down forklift to move, load, and unload.
- Fills out pre shift inspection forms before getting on forklift.
- Loads and unloads all manufacturing items used and produced in manufacturing from trailers.
- Loads and unloads trailers on a daily basis.
- Physically stores and locates raw material
- Uses computerized inventory system to store and retrieve materials.
- Verifies each pallet of material matches the manufacturing order before loading the buffer or loading material onto a truck to be shipped.
- Perform quality checks on incoming raw materials including, measuring material to determine if material meets milling specifications
- Operate industrial trucks, conveyors, carts and buffer and performs daily inspections on equipment as required
- Informs line operators of materials staged on the floor and in the production line.
- Enters information and data into a computer system as needed.
- Keep raw materials separated and ready to load onto production lines by product specifications and line requirements.
- Communicates to oncoming shift how much is left and where material is for current order and where the next order is staged.
- Returns empty pallets and protector boards to the correct area.
- Charges and changes batteries during the shift.
- Performs housekeeping duties such as seeping floors, cleaning under buffer and conveyors, taking out trash and other housekeeping duties as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by members of management
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
- 1-2 years experience preferred.
- Experience working with a handheld barcode scanner and computer is preferred
- Ability to read and comprehend manuals used in the plant.
- Perform mathematical calculations, including conversion to metric systems.
- Able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs
- Must be able to work a 12-hour rotating shift.
- Basic PC skills for data entry and familiar with use of email
- Basic arithmetic skills
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively, productively and professionally with team members, other departments, and external drivers
- Must be able to work independently, without constant supervision
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk's vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world's largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don't Work participant.Nearest Major Market:
This job has expired.