Title: Manufacturing Weld Engineer
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Division: Technetics Semi
Location: TNG SEMI - Daytona
Job Summary & Job Duties
The Weld Engineer is responsible for welding, heat treatment, and metallurgic laboratory training and activities at the Daytona Beach Aerospace facility. Duties include developing and maintaining processes and procedures to comply with Aerospace Weld and Heat Treatment NADCAP and AWS D17.1 requirements. Activities also include Developing solutions to production problems relating to materials, weld schedules, record keeping, welding equipment & specifications, along with heat treat recipes. Supporting new programs by developing weld and heat treat tooling needs and machinery and developing production controls.
• Responsible for maintaining site's NADCAP welding and heat treat certifications to include facilitating successful external and internal NADCAP audits.
• Subject matter expert providing technical support and direction to the operation with timely feedback for optimizing quality, efficiency and cost.
• Coordinates testing and maintains welder certification records for welding employees under the AWS D17.1
• Provides expertise in weld processes (TIG, Plasma, Resistance Welding).
• Establishes and maintains weld process records (Weld schedules and WPS/PQR's)
• Develops and maintains recipes for in-house heat treating.
• Determines root cause and corrective actions for welding and heat treat process deficiencies.
• Responsible for developing, training and maintaining metallurgic laboratory in support of welding and heat treat activities.
• Leads or assists in troubleshooting welding processes to eliminate production losses, improve quality, and decrease lead time.
• Improves process capability of production by applying sound engineering principles to reduce variation and lean principles to reduce waste in support of continuous improvement initiatives
• Establishes and maintains training documentation, standard operating procedures and trains team members on the correct use of process control systems.
• Leads and facilitates cross-functional and collaborative teams in business improvement and development initiatives using PP&E standards and guidelines to optimize the overall efficiency and effectiveness of the process.
• Drives improvement efforts based on analysis. Analyzes processes to identify areas of improvement and provide appropriate analytics to facilitate business effort prioritization. Conducts basic statistical analysis.
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Material Science or a STEM related field plus 3-5 years of industry experience
• Ability to read and understand technical drawings, blueprints and customer design specifications sheets.
• Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principals involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models
• Strong documentation skills
• Accuracy and attention to detail a must.
• Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
• Must be analytical and problem-solving
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Working knowledge and/or training in Lean Principles (Green Belt or higher a plus).
• The Ideal candidate will have NADCAP certification experience and/or some quality background
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle and feel, as well as reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical requirements section describes the physical demands and environment of the job and lists the basic physical conditions needed to perform the job. This section should also list specific physical requirements such as lifting heavy objects and standing for long periods of time.
This specification is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required of positions that will be given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned. Ability to competently perform all the essential duties of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation, demonstrated commitment to effective customer service delivery, and the ability to work productively as a member of a team or work group are basic requirements of all positions at Technetics Group.
Posted about 2 hours ago
Brooklyn Park, Minnesota
Posted about 2 hours ago
Posted about 2 hours ago
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!