GLOBALFOUNDRIES is the world's first full-service semiconductor foundry with a truly global footprint. Launched in March 2009, the company has quickly achieved scale as one of the largest foundries in the world, providing a unique combination of advanced technology and manufacturing to more than 250 customers. With operations in Singapore, Germany, and the United States, GLOBALFOUNDRIES is the only foundry that offers the flexibility and security of manufacturing centers spanning three continents. The company's 300mm fabs and 200mm fabs provide the full range of process technologies from mainstream to the leading edge. This global manufacturing footprint is supported by major facilities for research, development and design enablement located near hubs of semiconductor activity in the United States, Europe, and Asia. GLOBALFOUNDRIES is owned by the Mubadala Development Company. For more information, visit http://www.globalfoundries.com.
Position Title: Manufacturing Operations Engineer
Work Area: Operations
Location: Malta, NY USA
Summary of Role:
GLOBALFOUNDRIES Fab 8 is seeking highly skilled and motivated experienced Manufacturing Engineers to become part of our state-of-the-art 300mm factory in Malta, New York. Manufacturing Engineers manage day-to-day operations in a highly automated Wafer Fab facility. These positions are on a compressed work shift: 12 hours day, 3 days working/4 days off; 4 days working/3 days off. Individuals must be willing to work any shift. GLOBALFOUNDRIES is a 24/7 manufacturing facility providing support across all shifts.
Qualifications Required Qualifications:
- Coordinate capacity, manage cycle time and facilitate and lead work teams in a 300mm Factory.
- Coordinate with equipment and process engineering to review daily goals/priorities, project statuses, budgets, and qualification timelines.
- Lead change through education, effective communication, and motivation.
- Oversee subordinate certification and training, attendance, and yearly reviews.
- Setup automation and inventory planning systems to optimize maximum utilization of tools relative to chamber and product mix.
- Drive cycle time reduction through prompt hold lot release, high inventory step management, and exclusion investigation.
- Manage static and dynamic bottlenecks daily through run plan development, part communication/execution, and gap analysis.
- Direct subordinates to achieve assignments using established guidelines, procedures, and policies.
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs.
- BS degree in Chemistry, Electrical Engineering, Materials Science, Solid State Physics or another relevant engineering physical science discipline is required
- Fluent in the English Language
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills, energetic and self-starter
- Outstanding communication skills - both written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to communicate well with all levels of the organization and experience in working with external constituencies
- Demonstrated success in leadership roles
- Strong organizational skills along with demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and able to react to shifting priorities to meet the business need
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and commitments
- Individuals will be and must be able to understand complex automated systems and human interactions
- Individuals must be well versed in all Microsoft Applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint ...
If you need reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer of employment with GLOBALFOUNDRIES is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GLOBALFOUNDRIES goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law.
This job has expired.