The Operations team partners closely with ResMed's five business leaders to understand their needs then providing a variety of products and services to help them meet those needs including Customer and Technical Services, Global Quality Assurance and Regulatory Affairs, Supply Chain, manufacturing, logistics and distribution. Focused on enabling new product introduction and operating excellence, our team strives to improve time to market for new products and services, improve efficiencies in our cross-functional processes, and improve our supply chain through digitization and automation to increase value add to our customers.
Let's talk about the team and you:
We are looking for a highly motivated Manufacturing Engineer to provide manufacturing support and work on processing equipment (Automations and Molding) at our Chatsworth, CA Manufacturing Facility (Los Angeles Area). This individual will be responsible for providing support for manufacturing projects and operations for the Injection molding and related Automation with a focus on CPAP blower manufacturing. Area of focus will primarily be supporting manufacturing of molded components and assemblies using computer/automation/process control systems to ensure reliable secondary operations, including automated part load/unload, pad printing, machining and packaging of plastics components.
In this role, you must must be a self-starter who can independently drive projects and day to-day work tasks to completion according to a defined budget and schedule. The candidate must be able to work well with others in an informal results-oriented environment.
Let's talk about Responsibilities:
Let's talk about Qualifications and Experience
- Manufacturing technical support to molding and related assembly automations.
- Provide on-call/hands-on support for injection molding automation and automated assembly manufacturing lines
- Knowledgeable of injection molding process and associated automation needs
- Monitoring and analysis of manufacturing data as necessary to provide support for process discrepancies, investigations, validation protocols, process transfers, or equipment troubleshooting
- Developing and implementing technologies and manufacturing processes which enhance efficiency and productivity of existing operations
- Support implementation of automation projects in the area of injection molding and automated assembly lines of various magnitude to maximize success rates, reduce discrepancies, increase capacity/productivity, increase levels of safety and/or compliance
- Design and execution of large and/or strategic automation/molding projects in line with overall department and plant strategies, including: approach and resource needs, options analysis, execution plan, engineering document development, and system ownership through the project delivery life cycle of planning, design, implementation, installation, commission and qualification.
- Contribute towards infrastructure improvements to guidelines, procedures, practices, standards and cross-functional business processes to increase efficiency and effectiveness of the Automation group. Candidate should have a mindset of sharing insights and improvements and participating in/lead design reviews.
- Ensure that manufacturing lines achieve a high level of performance, reliability and regulatory compliance.
- Author and maintain detailed molding or automation manufacturing cell design documents, system architecture diagrams and standard operating procedures.
- Provide technical leadership, guidance and mentoring to staff including projects, continuous improvements and inspection/regulatory readiness initiatives.
- Assess and manage risks associated with system operation and use, and design, and implement improvements.
- Support site audits and inspections, and implement corrections as needed.
- This position requires strong adherence to compliance and safety requirements, cGMPs, SOPs, and other manufacturing documents. As with any position in a manufacturing environment, the job requires an ability to adapt to rapidly changing priorities and the flexibility to support operations in accordance with the manufacturing schedule
- Bachelors Degree in Chemical, Plastics, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent degree. Equivalent combination of experience and/or education may be considered
- Minimum 5 years of relevant hands on work experience/training in injection molding automation and assembly line automations.
- Knowledge of molding machine operation and scientific process development
- Working experience supporting multiple controller platforms (such as Allen-Bradley PLC 5 & ControlLogix, Siemens, etc.) and interfaces (GE infix, RSView, etc.), as well as SQL/database experience.
- Experience at reviewing instrumentation and electrical wiring diagrams, communication networks, installation and troubleshooting.
- Theoretical and applied knowledge of process instrumentation, classical process control, continuous process control, Electrical areas and S88 Batch programming, validation and GMP regulations applicable to automated systems (including ISPE GAMP guidelines)
- Experience working in a cGMP environment
- Requires an ability to adapt to rapidly changing priorities and the flexibility to support operations in accordance with the manufacturing schedule.
- The successful candidate must have strong initiative and integrity as well as strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills. They should be able to successfully work independently and within teams, demonstrate strong problem-solving skills, partner/customer focus, and the ability to work with complex business systems and processes
- Flexibility for after-hours on call support rotation and support of manufacturing operations
- Master's Degree in a relevant field
- Working experience of operating milling, lathe, and wire EDM
Joining us is more than saying "yes" to making the world a healthier place. It's discovering a career that's challenging, supportive and inspiring. Where a culture driven by excellence helps you not only meet your goals, but also create new ones. We focus on creating a diverse and inclusive culture, encouraging individual expression in the workplace and thrive on the innovative ideas this generates. If this sounds like the workplace for you, apply now!