As a not-for-profit organization, Mass General Brigham is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community by leading innovation across our system. Founded by Brigham and Women's Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, Mass General Brigham supports a complete continuum of care including community and specialty hospitals, a managed care organization, a physician network, community health centers, home care and other health-related entities. Several of our hospitals are teaching affiliates of Harvard Medical School, and our system is a national leader in biomedical research.
We're focused on a people-first culture for our system's patients and our professional family. That's why we provide our employees with more ways to achieve their potential. Mass General Brigham is committed to aligning our employees' personal aspirations with projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each member of our team to own their personal development-and we recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Mass General Brigham values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
The Manager of Workers' Compensation for the Mass General Brigham is responsible for the overall management of the Self- Insured, Self- Administered Workers' Compensation Program for Mass General Brigham (MGB) entities participating in the program. The Manager oversees and supervises the claim management and department compliance with MA General Law as it relates to the Worker's Compensation statute and coordinates closely with the clinical team to create an integrated program. The Manager of Workers' Compensation provides financial, statistical, and analytical expertise to all levels of MGB hospital and administrative management, in an effort to identify work injury trends and improved integration of the clinical and insurance systems, along with reducing costs associated with employee injuries and improving services to employees and management.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Use/s the Mass General Brigham values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration
• Directly supervises a team of Claims Specialists and coordinates with a team of administrative staff involved in all aspects of claim handling. Included in this is the technical oversight of claim, reporting, and department functions, along with the day-to-day operations and productivity of the WC Division.
• Oversees the centralized function of OSHA Recordkeeping in compliance with Federal statute and regulations
• Oversees the WC Cash Flow for all claims and facilities part of the MGB Self-Insured, Self-Administered Workers' Compensation Program.
• Produces, analyzes, and distributes workers' compensation data to multiple constituencies within Partners, using this data to track and identify trends, as they relate to both work injuries and financial implications.
• Provides leadership and facilitation at workers' compensation-related meetings held at the multiple Partners sites.
• Collaborates closely with local Occupational Health Leadership and Nurse Practitioners on-site regarding WC claim issues, including overall WC processes and procedures to ensure an integrated program
• Collaborates with vendors used by the WC system including Utilization review, Billing review, pharmacy drug program, check vendor and legal team.
• Responsible for knowledge of the WC statutes for the state of Massachusetts and New Hampshire.
• Responsible for filing the yearly renewal of the self-insured license for the state of New Hampshire
• Act as a resource for workers' compensation issues for the MGB organization; ensures the team provides a high degree of customer service and is working efficiently
• Monitors and helps develop user-defined specifications for the workers' compensation claim software application
• Provides OHS senior leadership with updates on changes that affect the workers' compensation statute
• Bachelor's Degree in a related field
• Minimum of 5 years MA Workers' Compensation claim handling experience
• 5 years of WC claim supervisory/managerial experience
• Claim reserve management
• Ability to work and communicate with representatives from healthcare institutions at all levels: senior management, supervisory, and employees
Skills, Abilities, Competencies
• Possess strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with cross-functional teams including staff at all levels of the organization
• Ability to successfully negotiate and collaborate with others of different skill sets, backgrounds an levels within and external to the organization
• Strong problem solving and negotiation skills
• Ability to effectively conduct meetings, both formal and informal
• Requires minimal direction from leadership and possesses the ability to learn quickly
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects, meet deadlines, and manage to schedules
• Demonstrated PC skills, Microsoft applications including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Access.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
• Excellent managerial skills
• Demonstrated quantitative and analytic skills, with the ability to understand statistical WC data, interpret the results, and present data to various audiences
• Ability and competency to manage claims in Massachusetts and/or New Hampshire when necessary is a plus
• Directly supervises team of 4 claims specialists
• Possible local travel to Mass General Brigham sites
Mass General Brigham is an Equal Opportunity Employer & by embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law.
Posted about 4 hours ago
Posted about 4 hours ago
Posted about 4 hours ago