Manager - Provider Operations SystemsRemote available only within OR, ID, UT, WA
Manage the daily operations of Regence Provider Data Excellence teams by overseeing cross divisional projects. Conduct global analyses of business systems and automatic data processing solutions to support new and existing product portfolio to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of work processes for both current and future business needs. Serve as the Subject Matter Expert of Provider data for operations as well as new product development. Function as a resource to outside vendors and consultants for procurement and implementation of Provider Systems.
- Train and develop assigned personnel to maintain a technically proficient and specialized staff. Lead, mentor and develop skills within team members.
- Responsible for coordinating multiple projects ensuring timely deliverables with budgetary constraints.
- Consult with business management and information technology staff to negotiate project dates, deliverables and budgets; defines business and work process requirements and define application data requirements.
- Ensure maximum performance by planning frequent developmental and informational meetings, providing challenging tasks and assignments, and building staff through ongoing training and development.
- Work with RTG functional teams to ensure a cohesive approach to systems planning, and delivery that will be discouraging individual solutions, redundancies in roles and functions, encouraging teamwork, planning and communication.
- Recommend appropriate delivery of systems information needs using technology in collaboration with the engineering, development, and operational support teams to contribute to the accomplishment of corporate goals.
- Make recommendations for improvement to the operational systems.
- Provide consulting to RITS on Information and decision support system policies, use, access and distribution.
- Communicate with end users, team members, coworkers, and management to ensure healthy working relationships, regular status updates, and cross training for support and staff absences.
- Monitor and report on section's performance criteria to both staff and management, resulting in the achievement of high levels of customer satisfaction.
Normally to be proficient in the competencies listed above:
- Demonstrated ability to motivate employees, resolve conflicts, and coach and develop staff.
- Demonstrated experience working proactively with business sponsors and technology teams to identify and implement solutions.
- Ability to configure applications, perform SQL for ad-hoc reporting, test system functionality, document system functionality, train users, apply related tools, and manage all levels of project work.
- Must have a wide breadth of technical knowledge preferably including Microsoft Office Suite, various Mainframes, in-house developed systems, security administration, query tools and others.
- Must have strong skills in troubleshooting complex technical issues, problem analysis and resolution, and provide innovative solutions.
- In-depth knowledge and experience with project management methodologies, and the ability to prioritize workloads and effectively participate in multiple projects and priorities.
- Attention to detail, administration and high level of organizational skills required.
- Strong resource management skills to ensure that all resources are fully utilized.
- Solid knowledge of the healthcare industry.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with end users, team members, coworkers, and all levels of management both internal and external to the company.
- Ability to overcome obstacles and thrive in a cross-functional environment.
Manager Provider Systems Operations would have a/an Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, extensive experience in information systems technology including a minimum of three years of progressively responsible leadership experience.
Regence employees are part of the larger Cambia family of companies, which seeks to drive innovative health solutions. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. Regence is 2.2 million members, here for our families, co-workers and neighbors, helping each other be and stay healthy and provide support in time of need. We've been here for members for 100 years. Regence is a nonprofit health care company offering individual and group medical, dental, vision and life insurance, Medicare and other government programs as well as pharmacy benefit management. We are the largest health insurer in the Northwest/Intermountain Region, serving members as Regence BlueShield of Idaho, Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Oregon, Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Utah and Regence BlueShield (in Washington). Each plan is an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.
If you're seeking a career that affects change in the health care system, consider joining our team at Cambia Health Solutions. We advocate for transforming the health care system by making health care more affordable and accessible, increasing consumers' engagement in their health care decisions, and offering a diverse range of products and services that promote the health and well-being of our members. Cambia's portfolio of companies spans health care information technology and software development; retail health care; health insurance plans that carry the Blue Cross and Blue Shield brands; pharmacy benefit management; life, disability, dental, vision and other lines of protection; alternative solutions to health care access and free-standing health and wellness solutions.
This position includes 401(k), healthcare, paid time off, paid holidays, and more. For more information, please visit www.cambiahealth.com/careers/total-rewards
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check are required.
If you need accommodation for any part of the application process because of a medical condition or disability, please email CambiaCareers@cambiahealth.com