Security Sensitive Position?:
YesHours of Work:
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM M-FPosting Number:
TSU202792Official TSU Title:
Manager of Registration RecordsGrant Title:
N/AJob Description Summary / TWC Summary:
Under general supervision provides support to the Director of Academic Records in the Office of the Registrar/Student Records. Responsible for processes related to academic curriculum changes and new programs. Responsible for the accuracy of the schedule of classes and catalogs. Responsible for classroom scheduling. Ensures all records are prepared for registration. Essential Duties Summary:
- Completes all processes related to academic curriculum changes. Receives changes annually and reviews in conjunction with appropriate committees. Updates curriculum changes on computer systems. Uses software to manage curriculum changes and disseminate information as requested.
- Updates new course information from departments with university curriculum update process into Banner system and cross references THECB-approved program inventory.
- Tracks, adds and removes deleted courses from the course inventory and submits requests to add courses back to inventory.
- Requests records of low enrollment courses and distributes to the Deans' offices to determine sections to be eliminated due to cross-listing. Manages data cleaning to ensure that course schedule builds comply with TSU policies. Verifies accurate assignment of meeting times for organized classes and assignment to classrooms.
- Responsible for classroom scheduling and monitoring classroom. Updates activities and classes to the Banner system. Collaborates with IAPE to verify accuracy of classroom use report submitted to the Coordinating Board and works with departments to add usage where applicable.
- Participates in the preparation of the catalog. Makes initial corrections from the registrar's office.
- Enters student course information into Banner from old transcripts on an as needed basis.
- Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues, and opportunities.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
$55,513.00 - $69,392.00Education:
Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) or higher. Required Licensing/Certification:
Master's degree preferred.
N/AKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Policies, procedures, and practices.
- CourseLeaf curriculum software
- AdAstra Scheduling software
- Microsoft Office Professional or similar application.
- Detail oriented.
- Effective customer service.
- Problem-solving and decision-making.
- Multitasking and time management.
- Both verbal and written communication.
- Monitor work for accurate information.
- 2 years directly related job experience in higher education required . Previous experience in the Registrar's office is preferred.
- 5 years of experience with BANNER student information system preferred
- 2 years of supervisory experience preferred
- Experience with CourseLeaf or AdAstra software preferred
UA EEO Statement:
- Routine office environment.
- Sitting or standing in one location much of the time.
- Use of video display terminal.
It is the policy of Texas Southern University to provide a work environment that is free from discrimination for all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, individuals with disability, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its programs, activities, admissions or employment policies. This policy of equal opportunity is strictly observed in all University employment-related activities such as advertising, recruiting, interviewing, testing, employment training, compensation, promotion, termination, and employment benefits. This policy expressly prohibits harassment and discrimination in employment based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic history, national origin, individuals with disability, age, citizenship status, or protected veteran status. This policy shall be adhered to in accordance with the provisions of all applicable federal, state and local laws, including, but not limited to, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act. Open Until Filled (overrides close field) :
Manual of Administrative Policies and Procedures
YesSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Open to all applicants.