If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The Department of Medicine, Diabetes Research Institute Clinic Operations has an exciting opportunity for a Full-Time Manager, Nursing to work on the UHealth Campus. The Manager, Nursing promotes and restores patients' health by developing day-to-day management and long-term planning of the patient care area, directing and developing staff, collaborating with physicians and multi-disciplinary professional staffs, and providing physical and psychological support for patients and their friends and families. This employee enforces professional staff behaviors that facilitate positive relationships among colleagues, physicians, administrators, and other hospital personnel.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Oversees patient flow through designated clinical areas.
- Maintains nursing guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures.
- Maintains nursing operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Assures quality of care by developing and interpreting hospital and nursing division's philosophies and standards of care, enforcing adherence to state board of nursing and state nurse practice act requirements, and to other governing agency regulations, and measuring health outcomes against standards.
- Responsible for the management of the daily operation for patient care, compliance with nursing standards, patient satisfaction and clinical performance improvement.
- Responsible for patient flow throughout designated clinical areas. Identifies patient flow barriers both internal and external to the clinical operation and provides and/or implement improvement solutions.
- Responsible for assuring patient care is delivered in alignment with UHealth clinical enterprise mission, and department nursing goals and objectives.
- Responsible for ensuring Clinical sites are adequately staffed and personnel are appropriately trained for their given assignments in order to provide safe, quality care.
- Responsible for assuring staff compliance with mandatory education, licensure requirements, continuing education, and applicable certifications and professional practice standards.
- Responsible for the utilization and maintenance of appropriate nursing care plans and assessment standards.
- Assist with capital and operational budget planning and budgetary compliance for the Practice sites.
- Assist with timely and accurate data collection of patient volumes, unit expenses, unit revenue, performance improvement information, patient satisfaction and other pertinent information that demonstrates operations of the Clinical sites.
- Assures all staff meet mandatory continuing education requirements, and yearly OBGYN specialty- based competencies.
- Formally evaluates each staff member yearly. Maintains documentation of job performance, personnel actions, and additional professional contributions to the Clinical sites and/or Department
- Assists in development and implementation of performance improvement programs in compliance with JCAHO standards and other regulatory agencies.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience
- Registered Valid Nurse Licensure (RN)
- American Health Association Approved BLS and ACLS Certification
- Previous management experience, or leadership position in nursing preferred
- Ability to maintain effective interpersonal relationships
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form
- Proficiency in computer software (i.e. Microsoft Office)
- Knowledge of business and management principles
- Ability to effectively plan, delegate and/or supervise the work of others.
- Ability to lead, motivate, develop and train others.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:
Full timeEmployee Type:
This job has expired.