Implement, oversee, and adapt policies and programs to improve the organization's environmental and safety performance, ensure it complies with current and future regulations and standards, and protect its reputation. Manage EHS activities to ensure the organization complies with EHS regulations as well as internal environmental policies. These activities may include: monitor EHS performance, identify risks or areas for improvement; conduct safety audits and on-site inspections to identify workplace hazards; investigate environmental incidents; prepare reports and recommendations; implement waste management programs; develop and deliver EHS training programs; manage relationships with community or environmental stakeholders. Research, evaluate, and recommend changes to improve EHS performance. Provide expertise and advice on EHS issues to area managers. Maintain relationships with the community, environmental groups, or other stakeholders impacted by the EHS performance of the organization. Stay current with environmental regulations so the organization's EHS policies remain current and relevant. Lead, direct, evaluate, and develop a team of EHS professionals.
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or equivalent level of education
• Knowledge of Joint Commission, CMS and other laws/regulations, Life Safety Code (NFPA101) highly preferred
• Specialized knowledge of building systems, utility systems, and fire protection systems (smoke detection and sprinklers) desired
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of products, strong writing skills and multi-project management skills required
• Managerial experience required
• Experience in leading multi-facility EOC and Safety Initiatives
• Minimum 5 years' experiencewith Hospital Environment
• Current certification and/or licenses registration in a field related to plant, technology, and safety management (i.e., Certified Health Care Facilities Management (CHFM) or Certified Health Care Safety Professional (CHSP)
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!