Who Are We?
Exmark Manufacturing, part of The Toro Company family of brands, was incorporated in May 1982 as an independent manufacturer of professional turf care equipment. The company began its manufacturing operation with seven employees in a garage-type building located just south of Beatrice, Nebraska. In 1983, the company relocated to its present location in the Gage County Industrial Park in Beatrice. At that time, the company focused on manufacturing a line of mid-size walk-behind mowers and turf rakes. In 1987, due to the rapidly growing turf care equipment market and the competitive nature of that market, the product line was expanded to include commercial riding mowers.
With roots dating back to 1914, The Toro Company was built on a tradition of quality and caring relationships. Today, the company is a leading worldwide provider of innovative solutions for the outdoor environment including turf and landscape maintenance, snow and ice management, underground utility construction, rental and specialty construction, and irrigation and outdoor lighting solutions. Through a strong network of professional distributors, dealers, rental stores and retailers in more than 125 countries, we proudly offer a wide range of products across a family of global brands to help golf courses, professional contractors, underground construction professionals, groundskeepers, agricultural growers, rental companies, government and educational institutions, and homeowners - in addition to many leading sports venues and historic sites around the world.
It's an exciting time to work at The Toro Company, Exmark Division. Why? We are venturing into robotic and electrification products at a rapid speed. If you are a person that likes solving problems for customers, having variety in your work, have a natural curiosity about how things work and a desire to learn and grow, this may be the job for you. On top of it, you get to work with a team that has fun working together and learning from one another as you solve problems together.
What will you do?
Duties and Responsibilities
- This is an opportunity to be the 'go-to' person in the aftermarket parts business segment.
- This position is responsible for formulating and executing strategic and annual marketing plans for the aftermarket parts business, in the markets served by the Exmark Division.
- This position ensures that all aftermarket parts marketing strategies and programs are in alignment with Sales, Operations, Customer Care, Customer Service, and Distribution.
1. In conjunction with division marketing, develops and implements marketing strategies for the commercial parts business in order to increase sales and profitability for both Toro and its distribution network.
2. Oversees and participates in market and customer research necessary to identify and support marketing programs and parts business development initiatives. Ensures customer satisfaction is successfully measured and tracked to facilitate corrective actions as required.
3. Identifies new parts categories, alliances, and other market opportunities via feedback from key end users and distributors, segmentation, and market sizing studies.
4. Monitors competitive activity and anticipates future opportunities/threats by implementing strategic programs or program modifications. Maintains current working knowledge of industry and trade developments in key markets.
5. Recommends and develops annual plans including sales forecasts, advertising, promotion and pricing initiatives.
6. Executes programs included in annual plan within approved operating budgets to achieve plan goals in terms of sales, profit contribution, inventory levels and return on assets.
7. Will supervise a Marketing Associate.
8. Communicates effectively and regularly with all internal and external stakeholders, via formal newsletters, updates or bulletins and regular informal contacts with Sales, Operations,
Distribution, new product development teams, etc.
9. Further develops self-sustaining tools that provide parts recommendations and future program opportunities for Exmark, Distributors, and End Users, including online parts identification databases.
10. Oversees a comprehensive database of key parts categories, commodity codes, pricing, and competitive activity; performs regular analysis to ensure attractive and competitive market positioning.
11. Works with central price function (Operations/WWOS) to ensure that Retail Pricing guidelines, appropriate channel partner discounts, and profit margins are established for new service parts, as well as reviewing all commercial parts pricing annually, to meet parts profit contribution objectives for division.
12. Participates in New Product Development teams and recommends (with assistance from sourcing, operations, and engineering) vendor selection and pursues regular cost reduction projects.
13. Develops and coordinates training efforts for all stakeholders on marketing programs, delivery policies, and support of service parts for new product introductions.
14. Provides sales and financial reporting by category, and performs analysis as required.
15. Travels approximately 15-25% of the time to visit customers and attend trade shows as appropriate in order to stay abreast of market trends and maintain a customer focus.
16. Performs other special assignments and duties as may be required.What do you need?
What Can We Give You?
- B.A. or B.S. degree with marketing focus or related discipline, along with a minimum of 4+ years relevant marketing experience of durable, service-oriented products; -- OR -- Associate's Degree with 6+ years of relevant marketing experience of durable, service-oriented products; --OR-- High School Degree with 8+ years of relevant marketing experience of durable, service-oriented products.
- Demonstrated success in managing revenue and profitability growth.
- Proven track record in implementing marketing programs through a distribution channel.
- Demonstrated leadership, project management and coaching skills.Supervisory experience strongly desired.
- Possesses strong interpersonal as well as written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to lead others in different departments through strong influence.
- A driven team player, fully supportive of the Department and Division objectives and functions.
- Willingness to travel up to 10% of the time, to meet distributers, visit customers, and attend seminars or trade shows as appropriate in order to stay abreast of market trends and maintain a customer focus.
At The Toro Company, we are always working to make sure our employees know just how valued they are. In addition to a competitive salary, an affordable and top tier medical/dental/vision plan, 401k, and many other great benefits -The Toro Company offers employees at our Exmark Division a variety of perks, including:
Wellness - The Toro Company offers a variety of mental health and financial health resources to all employees.
Volunteerism - The Toro Company is proud to provide employees 20 hours of paid time to volunteer in the community.
Summer Hours - Enjoy a flexible schedule during the summer! By working a little more during the first few days of the week, TTC employees at our Exmark Beatrice, NE location are able to start their weekends early and leave by noon on Friday!
Location - Exmark Manufacturing is conveniently located in Beatrice, NE approximately 40 minutes south of Lincoln, near the Big Blue River.
Competitive Salary - Salary will be determined by experience and qualifications
#LI - Onsite
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.