The Maintenance Technician III position is the backbone to the day to day operations, within the Maintenance Department. Must be able to perform a variety of duties requiring a high degree of responsibility, skill, knowledge, training and experience. The position is expected to work with minimal supervision or direction to complete projects and assignments. Ability to support projects at off site locations for up to 1 week in length may be requested, but not required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Support the evaluation and troubleshooting and implementation of corrective actions of complex electric controls, on both micro-processor and relay designs
* Troubleshoot and support internally designed and fabrication automation equipment
* Develop or modify production and prototype automated assembly equipment and fixtures.
* Evaluate, troubleshoot, and implement corrective actions on all machinery and auxiliary automated assembly equipment.
* Support electronic interface, mechanical installation, design/fabrication and end of arm tooling, repair and maintenance of various brands of secondary automation devices for automated production equipment
* Ensure proper communication to all levels of plant employees, both verbally and written. Develop operating and maintenance manuals for a variety of equipment.
* Develop preventative maintenance requirements and schedules for equipment.
* Support fabrication of machine components and fixtures or support the repairs and improvements of mechanical devices which support the production departments.
* Evaluate problems and determine root cause corrective actions as to woodworking process, tooling or machine malfunction.
* Consistently deliver the best in customer service. As an employee, demonstrate respect, dignity, kindness and empathy in each encounter with customers, visitors and other employees.
Champion AWC's mission, vision and values; comply with the policies and procedures, ethical standards and code of conduct set forth by the company.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or equivalent is required
EXPERIENCE: 5 -- 7 years of experience in electronics (wood working machines), hydraulic, pneumatic and mechanical experience.
SKILLS: Ability to evaluate design flaws and implement corrective actions to eliminate chronic problems or excessive downtime in areas of assignment. Knowledge in robotic/CNC systems with ability to support the electronic interface, mechanical installation, design/fabrication, repair and maintenance of various brands of secondary automation devices for automated production equipment Must have excellent communication skills (verbally and written) Ability to develop operating and maintenance manuals for a variety of equipment. Ability to develop preventative maintenance requirements and schedules for equipment. Ability to read and understand component, machine design electric, pneumatic and hydraulic schematics and blueprints. Basic math and engineering skills to support the design or modification of equipment or fixtures as required. Must have general shop machinery skills, mills, lathes, grounding, and welding
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Manufacturing warehouse environment EQUIPMENT USED: Industrial machines (wood working)
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL TASKS: Frequent lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching Constant standing, walking, grasping, talking, hearing, with eye/hand/foot coordination. Occasional climbing, balancing, crawling, feeling and repetitive motions
BENEFITS PACKAGE INCLUDES:
* Competitive Compensation
* Health Care Benefits
* Paid Holidays
* Paid Vacation Days
* Paid Sick Days
* 401(k) Match
* Tuition Assistance
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The American Woodmark Corporation does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, military and veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, pregnancy, or any other legally-protected characteristic; and it will comply with all applicable state discrimination laws. No person will be denied employment solely because of a disability, provided that the person can perform the essential functions of the position for which the person has applied, either with or without reasonable accommodations.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Gwinner, North Dakota
Posted 42 minutes ago
Posted 42 minutes ago
Peachtree City, Georgia
Posted 39 minutes ago
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!