Job ID: 449620
Oldcastle APG, a CRH company, is a leading global supplier of building and landscaping products. Its product portfolio includes hardscapes and masonry, packaged cement mixes, lawn and garden materials, and composite decking sold through a variety of channels for residential and commercial use. Oldcastle APG is the leading producer of hardscapes in North America and Europe and the innovator behind many of the industry's well-known brands: Belgard hardscapes, Echelon masonry, Sakrete bagged dry mixes, and MoistureShield composite decking. With over 260 operating locations and approximately 8,500 employees, Oldcastle APG operates across 7 countries in the U.S., Canada, and Europe.
This role is responsible for the overall maintenance and repair of equipment, tools, and machinery as assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor or Head Mechanic.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Replace, install, troubleshoot, adjust, and repair production equipment and electrical components
- Diagnose mechanical and electrical problems and determine how to correct them
- Perform routine preventive maintenance to ensure production machines perform at an optimal level
- Inspect drives, motors, and belts, check fluid levels, replace filters, or perform other maintenance actions, following checklists
- Replace faulty parts, electrical wires, motors, controls, and circuit boards
- Dismantle equipment to gain access and remove defective parts using hoists, cranes, hand tools and power tools
- Lubricate and clean parts and equipment to ensure proper operation
- Operate a variety of hand and power tools to repair, grease, weld, cut, change parts, and complete tasks as assigned
- Review and comprehend blueprints, schematics, repair manuals, and parts catalog
- Operate all production machines to some degree to better understand machine capabilities and troubleshoot
- Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.Requirements / Education / Experience
- At least 5 years of maintenance experience
- High school diploma or GED, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Technical or vocational school certification preferred
- Ability to read and comprehend documents such as safety procedures, operating and maintenance instructions
- Working knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics, mechanics, and electrical principles
- Manufacturing/industrial environment experience preferred
What CRH Offers You
- Physical requirements include lifting to 65lbs, extended standing, walking, sitting, bending, climbing, working inside and outside, and use of fall protection equipment
- Able to perform job tasks in dusty, hot and/or cold working conditions
- Must wear company provided personal protective equipment - earplugs, hard hat, safety boots/shoes*, and protective glasses
- Candidates must provide their own safety boots/shoes upon hire and will be eligible to participate in Safety Boots/Shoe Reimbursement Program after 30 days of employment.
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Oldcastle APG, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date Posted: Aug 26, 2022 Nearest Major Market:
Stockton Job Segment:
Maintenance Mechanic, Electrical, Mechanic, Maintenance, Manufacturing, Engineering, Operations
This job has expired.