Job ID: 427461
Oldcastle APG, a CRH company, is a leading global supplier of building and landscaping products. Its product portfolio includes hardscapes and masonry, packaged cement mixes, lawn and garden materials, and composite decking sold through a variety of channels for residential and commercial use. Oldcastle APG is the leading producer of hardscapes in North America and Europe and the innovator behind many of the industry's well-known brands: Belgard hardscapes, Echelon masonry, Sakrete bagged dry mixes, and MoistureShield composite decking. With over 260 operating locations and approximately 8,500 employees, Oldcastle APG operates across 7 countries in the U.S., Canada, and Europe.
As an Oldcastle Maintenance Mechanic, you will be responsible for the preventive maintenance, repair, and installation of manufacturing equipment. Maintenance Mechanics also provide maintenance support for the various facilities and structures on company property. The successful candidate must be able to work safely in a fast-paced, covered and uncovered manufacturing facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Install, troubleshoot, adjust, and repair equipment, electrical components and special purpose machines as assigned
- Diagnose mechanical and electrical problems and determine how to correct them, checking blueprints, repair manuals, or parts catalogs, as necessary
- Operate a variety of hand and power tools to repair, grease, weld, cut, change parts and complete tasks as assigned
- Inspect drives, motors, and belts, check fluid levels, replace filters, or perform other maintenance actions, following checklists
- Perform routine preventive maintenance to ensure that machines continue to run smoothly
- Dismantle equipment to gain access to and remove defective parts using hoists, cranes, hand tools, and power tools
- Ability to think independently while successfully functioning in a team environment, with a proven track record of contributing toward team goals
- Other duties as assigned
- At least 3 years of maintenance/electrician experience with at least two years working in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with PLCs and ability to read schematics
- High school diploma or GED, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Working knowledge of basic safety programs, particularly lock-out/tag-out procedures, as well as principles of hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical and mechanics
What CRH Offers You
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak or hear
- The employee will be required to stand for extended periods of time
- The employee must have the ability to lift and/or move up to 65 lbs. from the ground level. The need to lift over 65 lbs. may arise from time to time - should this be the case, employees should engage in team lifting and/or use the provided equipment to safely lift
- The employee must have the capability to perform physical activities that require considerable use of arms, legs, and your whole body - bending, crouching, climbing - using steps and ladders, pushing pulling, stooping and reaching
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Oldcastle APG, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date Posted: Jul 8, 2022 Nearest Major Market:
St Louis Job Segment:
Hydraulics, Facilities, Maintenance Mechanic, Electrical, Electrician, Engineering, Operations, Manufacturing
This job has expired.