Under the supervision of the Assistant Director of Facility Operations (ADFO), the Facility Technician (FT) is responsible for the safety, security, sanitation, maintenance and other facility related operations and activities of the Residential Reentry Center. The FT supports the Assistant Director of Facility Operations and the Senior Program Director in ensuring facility operations and services are in compliance with agency policy and procedures, contractual requirements, accreditation standards and local, state and federal regulations.
The position requires a high school diploma or equivalent diploma / GED
At least two (2) years of experience in capacity having overall responsibility for facility maintenance, sanitation and over-all janitorial duties.
- HVAC experience/credentials or other similar certifications, preferred
He/she must have demonstrated abilities to coordinate, monitor, an ensure work is completed by contracted vendors and/or program clients.
He/she must have knowledge of regulations affecting facility and food service operations; must be able to perform facility and household repairs; cost containment; housekeeping and janitorial techniques; be able to maintain program records, collect data and prepare statistical reports; and must have demonstrated ability in financial management practices. Must be able to ensure adequate supplies are maintained and available for accomplishing tasks.
Must be able to communicate effectively orally and in writing, and relate effectively with all others. The successful candidate must also have the ability to work with representatives of other human service agencies, government, and other community organizations and groups.
Pass Criminal Background Check (fingerprinting) and receive clearance from Federal Bureau of Prisons
- Maintain sanitation and cleanliness of the facility and the surrounding grounds.
- Ensure the facility and equipment maintenance and upkeep is maintained.
- Assist in overseeing the food service operations and activities; kitchen sanitation.
- Order cleaning and other housekeeping and maintenance supplies and equipment.
- Assist to establish and implement fire and other safety plans.
- Monitor the activities of residents involved in related duties in compliance with program rules and polices .
- Assist with landscaping.
- Assist Center staff in the control of contraband.
- Secure personal property of absent residents.
- Inventory equipment and supplies.
- Schedule routine arid emergency maintenance.
- Participate in staff meetings and training as directed by the ADFO and SPD.
- Ensure that the fire safety and security equipment is functioning properly.
- Communicate with outside vendors on support services and needed/ required repairs.
- Perform monthly fire drills and document results.
- Maintain agency vehicles, and assist with resident transportation as needed.
- Pick up donations to the Center.
- Monitor and assign tasks to clients. This may include providing input/feedback for documentation of training, coaching and disciplinary actions.
- Ensure facility safety, security and sanitation is maintained including related facility operations and services that may need implementation.
- Manage the physical plant and ensure the facility is in compliance with fire, safety and health certification standards and licensing requirements.
- Assist in monitoring overall program maintenance, sanitation and security operations; and prepare and maintain records and reports as directed and required .
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The physical requirements described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- The ability to safely operate a motor vehicle to transport oneself, consumers, and program supplies as necessary.
- The physical ability to travel to assigned locations, stand, stoop, bend, reach, pull, push, lift, grasp, climb, talk, see, hear and perform basic and light home maintenance activities, and operate office equipment.
- Move and lift light objects up to 30 pounds such as mail, supplies, files, and equipment. Operating office equipment requiring continuous or repetitive hand/arm movements.
- The ability to remain in a sitting position for extended periods of time.
OTHER DUTIES :
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this jo b. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This job has expired.