Boise State University, powered by creativity and innovation, stands uniquely positioned in the Northwest as a metropolitan research university of distinction. Learn more about Boise State and the City of Boise at https://www.boisestate.edu/about/boise-and-beyond/. Boise State University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Boise State University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. We are a welcoming campus that supports diversity and inclusion.
Job Summary/Basic Function:
To perform skilled trade duties in the operation, maintenance, and repair of buildings and related facilities and systems; perform related work.
Regularly works on tasks that are varied and complex. Applies full range and job knowledge; frequently adapts procedures, techniques, tools, materials, and/or equipment to meet specialized needs; may serve as lead; performs broad and/or focused assignments under general supervision; originality and ingenuity are often required to help establish procedures in functional area; relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish assigned tasks.
The Maintenance Craftsman, Senior for Boise State Facilities Department must:
• Patch, repair and paint walls
• Install and repair carpet, tile and cove base
• Concrete repair and replacement
• Roof repairs
• Installation and rearranging cubicle partitions
• Operating equipment which may include forklift, boom lift, and hand and power tools
• Knowledge of building codes
• Ability to understand and execute written and verbal instructions
The Maintenance Craftsman, Senior may also:
• Electrical. Maintains and repairs panels, circuits, wiring, and related systems; replaces switches, receptacles, ballast, fuse boxes, heat systems, motors, fans and lights; repairs electric motors; installs communication cable and telephone lines; assists journeyman electricians. Plumbing. Maintains and repairs plumbing fixtures; installs domestic, irrigation, and sprinkler systems; cuts and threads or sweats pipe; repairs steam traps; conducts preventive maintenance of plumbing and steam systems; assists journeyman plumbers. Carpentry. Installs ceramic floor and wall tile, linoleum, plastic laminate and similar products; repairs built-up, shake, shingle, and other roofs; patches holes in walls; reglazes windows; sketches from oral instructions and works from drawings to design and build specialty items; builds and sets forms and pours and finishes concrete. HVAC. maintains and repairs heating, ventilating, and air conditioning equipment such as air compressors, dryers, strainers, pneumatic and electronic controls and piping systems; insures water and steam coils, motors, belts, pulleys, condenser pans, ductwork, dampers, and related systems are working properly; repairs fire alarm and pumping systems.
• Conducts preventive maintenance on building devices and systems; operates equipment; performs machinist work; welds and repairs; rebuilds motors and performs mechanical and preventive maintenance work on equipment; repairs appliances; responds to emergency call-backs.
• Functions as lead worker over other maintenance staff and assists with general related trade duties.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
• Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance
• Ability to inspect equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects.
Good knowledge of: carpentry, plumbing, electrical and general building maintenance.
Some knowledge of: HVAC and mechanical systems maintenance; building codes.
Experience: performing skilled carpentry, plumbing, electrical, and building maintenance repair; using and maintaining tools and equipment normally associated with carpentry, mechanics, plumbing, and electrical work; reading blueprints and schematics.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary commensurate with experience. Boise State University is committed to offering a benefits package that provides health and financial protection plans as well as resources to promote health and well-being. Our program provides flexibility so you can choose the benefits that are right for you and your family. Learn more about our benefit options at https://www.boisestate.edu/hrs/benefits/.
Advertised: July 23, 2021 Mountain Daylight Time
Applications close: August 08, 2021 11:55 PM Mountain Daylight Time
Posted about 3 hours ago
Posted about 3 hours ago
Posted about 2 hours ago