If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
Up to $7,500 Sign on bonus
Work location: UMHC/SCCC Plantation
The University of Miami/UHealth UMHC/SCCC Plantation Clinic has an exciting opportunity for a full time LPN. The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) administers nursing care, under the supervision of a registered nurse, and ensures the health, comfort, and safety of patients. The incumbent provides quality care to designated patients and takes on various responsibilities, such as participating in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of nursing care, as well as cooperating with the members of the nursing and medical staff and other hospital departments.
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS
CORE QUALIFICATIONS Education:
- Collects patient assessment data and notifies appropriate nurse of actual or potential problems and needs on an ongoing basis.
- Records patient information concisely, accurately, and completely. Administers medications and performs treatments and procedures for all patients as assigned.
- Assists with preparation of patient materials or correspondence that RNs, ARNPs, or MDs utilize to communicate with organizations within or outside the University.
- Assists in preoperative and postoperative health teaching for patients and families. Shares responsibility for the planning, implementation, and evaluation of nursing care plans.
- Participates in team conferences, sharing knowledge, information, and ideas with team members. Performs more-complex nursing activities as competence increases.
- Communicates frequently with team leader regarding patients' physical and mental conditions. Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
High school diploma or equivalentCertification and Licensing:
Valid State of Florida LPN license
One year LPN experience
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:
Full timeEmployee Type: