Greif offers a great working environment and the opportunity to make an immediate impact at a company where your ideas are always welcome.
Job Requisition #:
018856 Lean Manufacturing Specialist - IPS (Open)
Under limited supervision, performs complex or difficult work that focuses on managing production to optimize the use of resources and meet production schedules and standards including: planning and controlling production schedules and coordinating with material requirements to ensure a controlled flow of approved materials; estimating and scheduling the human resources, tools, and equipment needed for the production process; and/or researching, evaluating, and recommending changes to production processes, systems, technology, or equipment to enhance organization's production capabilities. Applies advanced knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education and work experience. Responsibilities may include managing projects/processes. May coaching and review the work of lower level professionals.
Education and Experience
- Analyze, plan and control detailed and complex production schedules.
- Consults and influence material requirements to ensure a controlled flow of approved materials.
- Based on analysis, schedules the human resources, tools, and equipment needed for advanced production process.
- Research, evaluate, and recommend changes to advance and complex production processes, systems, technology, or equipment to enhance organization's production capabilities.
- Drive service optimization for manufacturing products at a site level.
- Provides input and influence for manufacturing operation excellence, managing advanced and complex operational issues to conclusion.
- Quickly and professionally adapt priorities in a constantly evolving environment based on demand and value.
- Trains and mentors other analysts.
- Managing projects or processes as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills
- Typically possesses a Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) and 5 or more years of relevant experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite or software.
- Takes an analytical approach to complex issues and problem solving.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Exceptional research ability.
- Good leadership skills and coaching skills.
- Ability to manage project/process from start to finish.
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and opportunity for growth. Greif, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, race, gender, religion, age, national origin, color, disability, or veteran status. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran. For more information read Greif's Equal Opportunity Policy.