Explore How You Can Grow
The future of food sustainability is complex. That's why over 20,000 customers across five continents rely on our cutting-edge networks, workflow tools and analytics platform to drive change. The key to our success is our ability to empower people to revolutionize the agri-food and animal health supply chains. So if you bring curiosity, ambition and inventiveness, we'll help you think big, aim high and explore more.
Lead UX Designer
Proagrica is seeking a Lead UX/UI Designer to lead the design strategy for our Agronomy Portfolio. At Proagrica, we deliver data and workflow products and services that connect and empower agriculture industry participants to address their key needs around productivity, decision making and compliance. We have created farm and enterprise-focused solutions for a global community of connected businesses.
As a Lead UX/UI Designer at Proagrica, you should have 6+ years of experience working with web and mobile applications or enterprise software, love working within a team, and be passionate about solving complex problems through design. You will be leading a small team of experienced designers whose goal is to create user-centered, intuitive, and beautiful interfaces for our software solutions. You will mentor other team members and help them better understand the user.
You will be working closely with members of the Product Development, Software Development, and Marketing teams to create visually engaging, innovative, and functional designs that will be used throughout the organization.
Ideally, you will have worked on products where "data is king" - all the way from the collection workflows to the visualization of the resulting insights.
Skills and Responsibilities
Education and Experience
- Gathers, evaluates, and has a solid understanding of customer use cases and pain points through frequent contact. Advocates for customers' needs with the cross functional team and helps inspire the team to want to know more about users and meet their needs.
- Collects feedback and insight from customers and business stakeholders.
- Feels very confident interacting directly with clients of various degrees of seniority.
- Collaborate with product management and developers to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals, and experience
- Execute and oversee all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off
- Produce designs to help the entire product team understand the desired customer experience: storyboards, user flows, wireframes, and prototypes
- Be comfortable working with developers to understand how your designs impact development. Your designs should be feasible to implement, and you should make sure they're developed accurately
- Expert user of a number of design tools
- Design for a variety of platforms including smartphones, tablets, web browsers, and desktop
- Shows mastery of User-Centered design processes including interaction design skills and attention to detail. Defines structure and layout of the product, and the overall user experience based on strategic research.
- Presents design and research learnings to stakeholders to guide future projects.
- Thrive in an environment with quick feedback loops and can deliver designs on time
- Be comfortable coaching and managing more junior designers in both tactical and soft skills
- Have a solid understanding, and be an advocate of solid Information Architecture principles as well as standards to be applied across the entire portfolio.
- Be able to thoroughly communicate and advocate for your designs as well as your teams'
- Thorough knowledge of Adobe's Creative Suite (especially XD, Illustrator, and Photoshop)
- Some knowledge of HTML & CSS is preferred
- Be highly organized with the ability to be flexible and creative
- 3+ years of experience working with or managing application layout in an agency or software setting
- Experience with usability testing or other end-user research methods
- Experience can be demonstrated by a thorough portfolio that showcases problem framing, research, problem solving, and visualization skills
- BFA or MFA in Graphic Design or related field
We are an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact email@example.com or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.
This job has expired.