Safely inspect, maintain and repair all Company owned or leased vehicles and equipment including rolling stock, to ensure its ability to operate efficiently and safely. Provide daily functional direction to mechanics as needed
Compensation Range: $28.00 - $40.00/Hour
• Perform routine maintenance on vehicles and equipment using industry standard and acceptable maintenance methods and procedures.
• Maintain vehicle maintenance records.
• Ensure safe and productive operation of all equipment by scheduling and completing preventive maintenance for all equipment within state, federal, local and corporate guidelines.
• Maintain safe and clean shop facility.
• Review all D.V.I.R. reports and perform repairs as needed.
• Provide accurate labor hours required for each product line.
• Diagnose and repair operational difficulties with vehicles and equipment.
• Maintain and repair heavy diesel, gas and electrically operated equipment and vehicles.
• Complete reports, work orders, order parts and perform other administrative duties as required daily.
• Assist in the review of mechanical write-ups on equipment and coordinate repair schedule.
• Ensure safe working conditions and compliance with all safety regulations.
• Utilize a variety of power and hand tools and equipment.
• Maintain a clean work area.
• Conform in all respects with applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations, ordinances and other orders and to all company policies, procedures and directives from supervisors.
• Assume leadership and supervisory role of Supervisor/Manger in the absence of the Supervisor/Manger.
• Maintain a working knowledge of and keep up with the latest technology through the use of technical manuals and attendance of technical training seminars.
• Attend safety and branch meetings.
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) desired.
• Possess Class B Commercial Driver's License (CDL).
• Completion of DOT certification for air brake inspection and adjustment and annual vehicle inspections.
• Possess two (2) years practical experience in heavy truck repair.
• Complete all company provided/sponsored technical training and continuing education programs.
• Must pass DOT physical including drug screen.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively with others.
• Demonstrate ability to follow detailed instructions, work independently and maintain accurate records.
• Ability to understand and effectively use repair and parts manuals written in English.
• Ability to operate any vehicle, equipment or tools necessary to perform job.
• Frequent physical effort including handling tools and equipment required.
• Frequently lift/push/pull up to 100 pounds.
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
GFL Environmental is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply. We seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences. GFL will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Subscribe to job alerts and upload your resume!
*By registering with our site, you agree to our