It's more than a career, it's a calling.
WI-SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Madison
Under general supervision, this position performs standard laboratory tasks according to procedures. May perform phlebotomy and/or waived testing. May also perform various low complexity testing as well as a variety of general clerical duties to support the laboratory department, including receptionist and secretarial support, admission activities, and order entry processing.
Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Performs the loading and unloading of lab specimens from automated and non-automated instrumentation, as well as perform various waived testing.
- Assists in problem requisitions/specimens.
- May orient new hires.
- Assists customers including answering phones and responding to customer inquiries.
- Collects, labels, processes and preserves blood, urine and other specimens according to established laboratory procedures.
- Enters, accesses and executes lab orders in the appropriate laboratory and electronic medical record system.
- Cleans and maintains laboratory supplies and work area.
- May update statistical records, labels tubes, and schedules processing runs.
- May perform phlebotomy and/or waived testing.
- Identifies patients using two identifiers.
- Performs a variety of administrative and clerical duties including admission activities, insurance verification, order entry processing and medical record processing.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent or equivalent years of experience and education
- One year experience in a laboratory setting
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, reaching and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through oral communication. Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Frequent keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting and gripping.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Rare climbing.
Variable Shift (United States of America)Job Type:
34110007 PhlebotomyScheduled Weekly Hours:
SSM Health complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex.
Learn more here
This job has expired.