Job Title: Journeyman Telecommunications Engineer Specialist-
Job Location: Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD 21005
Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is looking for a Journeyman Telecommunications Engineer Specialist to provide Tier II embedded support to DEVCOM-HQ customers. The candidate will be working in a highly professional environment and need to conduct and maintain a high degree of professionalism as they will be working closely with executive and senior leadership. The daily roles and responsibilities of this position are hybrid in nature between VTC and Service Desk tasks.
Education / Certifications:
• Associate degree
• Substitute for Minimum education: 2 years of experience as a Journeyman VTC and/or Service Desk technician
• DoDI 8140.01 and 8570.01-M • Computing environment certification or certificate of training relevant to job duties and approved by the DEVCOM-CBC Information System Security Manager (ISSM) within 6 months of appointment; resources will be provided by contractor company • DoD 8570 IAT-I or II approved baseline certification (reference: https://public.cyber.mil/cw/cwmp/dod-approved-8570-baseline-certifications/)
Skills / Experience Required:
• Background Investigation Requirement: National Agency Check with Local Agency and Credit Checks (ANACI)Provide technical expertise involved in the operation and support of the Secure and Unclassified Video Teleconferencing (VTC)
• Service Desk coverage consists of opening or closing shifts scheduled between the hours of 7:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday, except for Federal Holidays, inclement weather, and site closures.
• Ensure all issues received via email, walk-in, or assigned by the RNEC during duty hours are responded via email, phone call, or deskside support within Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
• Provide troubleshooting and support using automated tools and diagnostics for various hardware and software platforms including but not limited to Windows 10, iOS, Microsoft Office 365, OneDrive, Trellix HBSS and HIPS, SharePoint, and Microsoft Active Directory.
• Installation of all new computers and the relocation of computers within locations as provided. Install all computer hardware and software to ensure user is fully functional and operational without errors and preserving user's data to be transferred to the new PC.
• Ability to monitor compliance with information management policies during account verification and management within the Army Training Certified Tracking System.
• Update and maintain the current approved Microsoft Windows OS images and provide feedback, software, and configuration changes to the RCC and NEC imaging teams.
• Diagnose and repair hardware and software related issues for computers, network printers and scanners, and mobile devices across unclassified and classified environments.
• Ability to work cooperatively and independently to research and document issues and solutions.
• Develop, test, and implementation for new software and patches prior to release to the general user base.
• Ability to verbally or in writing communicate technical issues and solutions effectively to end users and enterprise teams.
• Provide elevated quality service and support for the mission critical systems and VIP end users.
• Ability to work collaboratively with multiple enterprise directorates and installations to provide complete support to the end user.
• Acting as a focal point for organizational computer related activities by providing guidance on technical aspects of computers and system use to organization users.
• Perform technical functions such as system analysis, user and server account creation tracking, group policy management, scripting, and accounts management.
• Demonstrate leadership skills by taking on special projects and assisting fellow team members.
• Specialized subject matter expertise in one or more areas of the service desk operations.
• Facilitate and setup video teleconference events for end users through CISCO and Microsoft Teams based systems.
• Provide updates to the team, management, and users regarding status of current video teleconference events
• Ensure that all video teleconference devices meet guidelines outlined in the Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) provided by US ARMY Cybersecurity teams.
• Establish and maintain Standard Operating Procedures for each facility
• Identify any equipment in need of lifecycle or corrective repairs
• Maintain documentation and perform record keeping as necessary for the successful repair, tracking, and return of equipment
• Assist with embedded service desk roles and duties to include diagnose and repair hardware and software related issues for computers, local printers, network printers and scanners, and mobile devices across unclassified and classified environments
• Perform technical functions such as system analysis, user and server account creation, group policy management, scripting, and accounts management.
• Comfortable working in a highly professional environment with customers in a HQ/executive level role
Must be a U.S. Citizen. A high-level Department of Defense (DoD) active security clearance may be required. Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to government information.
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods of time and typing and reading from a computer screen. Must have enough mobility, including bending, reaching, and kneeling, to complete daily duties in a prompt and efficient manner and may include lifting thirty (30) pounds, as necessary.
Headquartered in Hawaii, Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is an SBA Certified NHO (Native Hawaiian Organization) 8(a) Small Business specializing in global information technology and offering professional solutions in IT Design & Installation, Cybersecurity Engineering & Support, Application Integration & Development, Software & Hardware Engineering, Network & Systems Management, Information Systems Security, and Business Management Services.
Leveraging over 30 years of providing IT services to the federal & commercial market with projects found around the world, our team has innovative expertise in the development of a wide range of technological solutions. Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
Our service commitment is simple - "Quality IT Solutions... On Time & On Budget."
Company Employment Statement:
Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC reserves the right to change or modify job duties and assignments at any time. The above job description is not all encompassing as positions, functions, and qualifications may vary depending on business needs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, creed, religion, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status or legally protected characteristics.
Posted about 7 hours ago
Posted about 7 hours ago
Posted about 7 hours ago
Subscribe to job alerts and upload your resume!
*By registering with our site, you agree to our