Location: Grand Prairie, TX
Description: Our client is currently seeking an IT SUPPORT SPECIALIST
This job will have the following responsibilities:
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Serves as the System Administrator in the absence of the IT Manager
- Responds to employee questions in person and via phone on all company supported applications.
- Determines source of computer problems (hardware, software, user access, etc.).
- Serves as liaison between staff and the technology department to resolve issues.
- Manages backup, security, and user help systems.
- Consults with users to assess computing needs and system requirements.
- Tests programs or databases, correct errors and make necessary modifications.
- Plans, coordinates, and implements security measures to safeguard information in computer files against accidental or unauthorized damage, modification or disclosure.
- Installs and tests of new products and improvements to computer systems, such as the installation of new databases.
- Trains users and answer questions.
- Develops data model describing data elements and how they are used, following procedures and using pen, template or computer software.
- Provides staff and users with assistance solving computer related problems, such as malfunctions and program problems.
- Tests, maintains, and monitors computer programs and systems, including coordinating the installation of computer programs and systems.
- Coordinates and links the computer systems within the organization to increase compatibility so information can be shared.
- Expands or modifies system, as required, to serve new purposes or improve work flow.
- Determines computer software or hardware needed to set up or alter system.
- Diagnoses hardware and software problems, and replaces defective components.
- Performs data backups and disaster recovery operations.
- Knowledge of the functions and operations of computers, commercial computer software including database software, and of local area networks (LANs), including hardware/software installation.
- Knowledge of Web site layout, composition, design, and management.
- Knowledge of the general principles of office automation, and computer systems analysis;
- Knowledge of a variety of hardware, operating systems, and related software used by the all departments.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Sever 2008 in the Active Directory environment.
- In-depth knowledge of operating systems such as XP, Window 7, AS400, and Linux
- Knowledge of cabling, network hardware and configuration
- Knowledge of telephone systems (Wiring and trouble shooting).
- Knowledge of office equipment to include printers, copiers, and fax machines.
- Ability to analyze and resolve user needs and problems; interpret and apply information from technical manuals.
- Ability to communicate on technical issues with individuals with varying degrees of computer familiarity
- Ability to instruct others in the use of computerized information systems; database software, spreadsheets, and other programs.
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com
This job has expired.