You'll want to join Billings Clinic for our outstanding quality of care, exciting environment, interesting cases from a vast geography, advanced technology and educational opportunities. We are in the top 1% of hospitals internationally for receiving Magnet® Recognition consecutively since 2006.
And you'll want to stay at Billings Clinic for the amazing teamwork, caring atmosphere, and a culture that values kindness, safety and courage. This is an incredible place to learn and grow. Billings, Montana, is a friendly, college community in the Rocky Mountains with great schools and abundant family activities. Amazing outdoor recreation is just minutes from home. Four seasons of sunshine!
You can make a difference here.
Billings Clinic is a community-owned, not-for-profit, Physician-led health system based in Billings with more than 4,700 employees, including over 550 physicians and non-physician providers. Our integrated organization consists of a multi-specialty group practice and a 304-bed hospital. Learn more about Billings Clinic (our organization, history, mission, leadership and regional locations) and how we are recognized nationally for our exceptional quality.
We provide a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to all full-time employees (minimum of 24 hours/week), including Medical, Dental, Vision, 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer matching, Defined Contribution Pension Plan, Paid Time Off, employee wellness program, and much more. Click here for more information or download the 2021 Employee Benefits Guide.
Magnet: Commitment to Nursing Excellence
Billings Clinic is proud to be recognized for nursing excellence as a Magnet®-designated organization, joining only 97 other organizations worldwide that have achieved this honor four times. The re-designation process happens every four years. Click here to learn more!
IT Provider Informaticist
PROVIDER SUPPORT - 8734 (BILLINGS CLINIC N 27TH ST BUILDING)
Employment Status: Full-Time (.75 or greater)
Hours per Pay Period: 1.00 = 80 hours (Exempt)
Starting Wage DOE: $27.75 - $34.69
The IT Provider Informaticist serves as the primary technology and training resource to physicians and APPs for clinical and/or 3rd party information systems within our health system
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
· Performing system build and maintenance
· Project leadership and participation in multidisciplinary team settings
· Onboarding and ongoing education
· Departmental rounding
· Maintaining a high degree of contact with providers to respond quickly to their changing needs
· Managing customer satisfaction and maintaining high service levels.
This position plays a strategic role in communicating changes in processes and procedures to providers, Information Technology staff and employees in a clear and timely manner. Advocates for standardization and optimization that promotes efficient provider workflows and continually seeks opportunities for innovations with new technology advancements.
Position is responsible for implementing and operational support of system configurations, analyzing data, and information system requirements. Provides technical expertise as an advisor to the user community for Billings Clinic and its regional partners.
Essential Job Functions
* Utilizes process improvement principles to assess and improve provider workflows with a constant view towards workflow improvements and provider satisfaction.
* Demonstrates and encourages an ethic of open communication and teamwork throughout the organization. Builds an environment of shared commitment to Billings Clinic's goals and responsibility to achieve quality outcomes. Provides consultation for related concerns and acts as a customer advocate by demonstrating sensitivity to ethical and legal ramifications of practice.
* Foster the development of clinical systems design and the development of functional specifications with a focus on best clinical practices and standardization.
* Performs other duties as assigned or needed to meet the needs of the department/organization.
* Demonstrate a capacity to quickly learn subject and technical matter for assigned applications during implementation, maintenance, and updates on supported systems.
* Provide front line application support for Billings Clinic and Health System end-users.
* Research and analyze to assist in resolving problems with internal systems functionality
* Observe and gather information regarding provider workflows, identify improvements that could be implemented with a focus on best clinical practices and standardization
* Perform system build utilizing standardized instructions with minimal supervision.
* Provide a bridge role between IT and the Provider community, communicating and translating between different perspectives or views about operations using different vocabulary to match those views.
* Build and maintain relationships with providers and end-user staff to better understand their objectives, needs and expectations.
* Understand and document operational support and assist with workflow documentation to ensure systems perform as expected.
* Participates in cross-functional teams and projects to ensure integration of new business initiatives within processes and systems.
* Execute test scripts and test plans
* Develops and conducts provider training in applications either 1:1 or in a group setting
* Work with external vendors and internal staff/teams within Billings Clinic to troubleshoot system issues, ensure system security, stability, reliability, and flexibility to meet business needs.
* Participate in on-call rotation
* Up to 25% travel for regional projects and support
Education & Experience
* Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent work experience (2+ years). An equivalent combination of education and experience related to the identified tasks, knowledge, skills and abilities will be considered
Certifications and Licenses
* Current state driver's license and the ability to be insured to operate Billings Clinic vehicles
Billings Clinic is Montana's largest health system serving Montana, Wyoming and the western Dakotas. A not-for-profit organization led by a physician CEO, the health system is governed by a board of community members, nurses and physicians. Billings Clinic includes an integrated multi-specialty group practice, tertiary care hospital and trauma center, based in Billings, Montana. Learn more at www.billingsclinic.com/aboutus
Billings Clinic is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. All policies and processes are designed toward achieving fair and equitable treatment of all employees and job applicants. Employees are encouraged to discuss any concerns they have in this regard with their immediate supervisor and/or the Vice President People Resources. All employees and job applicants will be provided the same treatment in all aspects of the employment relationship, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, genetic information or disability.
Posted about 3 hours ago
Posted about 3 hours ago
Posted about 3 hours ago