Job ID: 307779
CRH's Americas Materials, a division of CRH, is the leading vertically integrated supplier of aggregates, cement, asphalt, readymixed concrete and paving and construction services in North America. Our operations span North America with 24,100 employees at close to 1,300 locations in 44 US States and 6 Canadian provinces.
Provides exemplary customer service to an assigned end user base and is responsible for the maintenance and administration of computer networks and related computing environments, including computer hardware, systems software, applications software and all configurations. This role is the face of IT and will act as a liaison between IT and end users for all IT related needs.
Applies developed knowledge of job skills, company policies and procedures, and business demand to meet customer expectations. Works on assignments that are moderately complex in nature and require judgment, initiative, and technical/specialized knowledge to resolve problems and/or develop recommendations and solutions. Works under limited supervision and must be a self-starter with the ability to prioritize workload and his/her daily activities. This position will report to either a Field Services Lead or Field Services Manager.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Serves as the IT liaison to end users and provides desk side and remote technical assistance to end users during and after regular business hours due to an emergency, or in support of special business projects and initiatives.
- Maintains and administers computer networks and related computing environments, including computer hardware, systems software, applications software, and all configurations.
- Identifies and resolves technical issues and/or researches and recommends effective solutions.
- Provides support and assistance for plant process systems including Command, JWS, and others as required.
- Actively communicates with customers, peers, higher-level teams and management to ensure timely resolution of issues and status updates.
- Assists in the management of asset inventory.
- Assists teams in testing and deploying software and patch management.
- Adheres to departmental standards and ensures appropriate use of information systems.
- Assists in the creation and maintenance of training guides and knowledge base solutions.
- Supports the continuous improvement culture of the company and IT department through the identification of potential process/procedural improvements and/or participation on cross functional/regional teams.
- Evaluates and implements new systems that help to increase productivity or enhance overall business operations.
- Establishes and maintains positive and effective work relationships with co-workers, leaders, and customers
- Travels to other business sites to provide additional support or to attend training sessions.
- Performs reporting and administrative functions as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree in Information Technology or equivalent, or 3 years of experience working in a similar IT support role.
- Knowledge of Windows 7 and 10, Office 2010/2013/2016 Suite, Mobile devices, VPN, and Networking.
- A+, ITIL Foundation and recent MCP preferred.
- Greater consideration given to Citrix, ShoreTel, and Command Alkon system experience.
- Must be 18 years in age or older.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Willingness to work independently within in a team environment and assist the team with other duties as required.
- Ability to travel (overnight) as required based on business needs up to 50%.
- Ability to drive up to 4 hours for onsite services.
- Demonstrates strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrates strong desktop, network and application configuration, troubleshooting and installation knowledge.
- Demonstrates desire toward learning new technologies and maintaining industry standards and best practices.
- Ability to identify customer needs, gather relevant information systematically and resolve problems.
- Ability to present ideas in concise, business, technical, and user-friendly language.
- Ability to work individually, in a traditional team environment, and with virtual teams.
- Ability to effectively work alongside and communicate with people with a wide range of skills, experience, cultures and capabilities.
- Ability to individually manage travel expenses on a weekly basis.
- Good organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Highly motivated and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a commitment toward customer service.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Ability to safely lift up to 50 pounds.
- Available to work on an on-call basis as scheduled by management.
- The position may require work outside of normal business hours in response to critical incidents or business-impacting project deliverables.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Normal office working conditions in addition to industrial plant sites and quarries, requiring the usage of personal protective equipment, e.g. hard hat, steel-toed boots, and safety glasses.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. What CRH Offers You
About CRH Americas
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
Date Posted: Jun 23, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
Atlanta Job Segment:
Technician, Maintenance, Information Systems, Testing, Technology, Manufacturing
This job has expired.