At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created an account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications. Our system does have some requirements that will help us process your application, below are some guidelines for creation of your account:
- Provide full legal First Name/Family Name - this is important for us to ensure our future hires have the rightsystem set up.
- Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last Name.
- Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or Last Name.
- NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple capitalization, please use the same format as your government ID.
Job Description Summary:
Job Description:Job Description Summary:
The Merchant Integrations team is creating the future of the developer experience at PayPal. Customers around the world depend on PayPal's developer tools, SDKs, and APIs to keep their businesses thriving, and developers working with PayPal's products need a developer experience that is easy to understand, consistent, simple to integrate, and innovative to be successful. We partner with teams that build and own the best-in-class solutions offered across PayPal to find common ways of expressing PayPal's products to our customers.
Our focus is teaming with smart engineers who are passionate about their craft and excited to build software for our unique solutions in the space. Communication is key to our process, and we don't want to hinder it with walls. Our teams are geographically diverse and adept at collaborating across long distances. Some of our teams utilize pair programming, which means you always have another set of eyes to help you; teams that don't utilize pair programming still emphasize collaboration as key to building quality solutions.
We practice test-driven development and believe that it helps us deliver simple solutions focused on real customer needs. We have no QA department - developers test, release and monitor their own code. We value unique perspectives brought by diverse backgrounds and experiences. A broad range of ideas and perspectives help us to create the best possible product. The Role:
The SDK team develops and maintains the tools merchants use to integrate with PayPal. The team handles client SDKs (iOS/Android/JS), server libraries, and backend services that help them run. Usability is our core mission. We build to unobtrusively live within our merchants' codebases, and take their payments experiences to the vanguard of emerging technology and trends. We value repeatability - we release well-documented tools that work just as well years from now as they do today. What we look for in you:
- 3+ years experience working on iOS projects
- Experience with (or an interest in) building SDKs and tools that fit seamlessly into a wide variety of applications and environments
- A track record of shipping products focused on delivering usable, delightful experiences that meet and exceed the needs of end users
- Exposure to backend services and infrastructure
- A keen interest in mobile and other technology platforms and keeping up to date as they evolve
- An enthusiasm for learning different languages and frameworks, and enthusiasm for teaching what you know to others
- An eye for design or an ear for the customer; engineering makes substantive contributions to product definition. Strong empathy for consumers and merchants that PayPal serves and an interest in building products that better serve them.
- Eagerness to share your ideas, and openness to those of others. Ability to work autonomously to drive clarity in ambiguous situations.
At PayPal, we're committed to building an equitable and inclusive global economy. And we can't do this without our most important asset-you. That's why we offer benefits to help you thrive in every stage of life. We champion your financial, physical, and mental health by offering valuable benefits and resources to help you care for the whole you.
We have great benefits including a flexible work environment, employee shares options, health and life insurance and more. To learn more about our benefits please visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com
Who We Are:
Click Here to learn more about our culture and community.
PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution for more than 20 years. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, the PayPal platform is empowering more than 400 million consumers and merchants in more than 200 markets to join and thrive in the global economy. For more information, visit paypal.com.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of PayPal's commitment to employees' health and safety, we have established in-office Covid-19 protocols and requirements, based on expert guidance. Depending on location, this might include a Covid-19 vaccination requirement for any employee whose role requires them to work onsite. Employees may request reasonable accommodation based on a medical condition or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
This job has expired.