Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
The Inventory Management Specialist provides support to drive the creation, management and execution of sales and inventory plans to deliver or exceed financial goals for their area of responsibility, which could include several categories and teams. This key role is accountable for the reconciliation and recapping of receipts on a monthly basis. The Inventory Specialist will also support divisional teams with ad hoc analyses, reporting and key inputs for milestone meetings and participate in business reviews.
• Assess and Manage one of the company’s biggest assets – receipts
• Ad hoc Reporting and Weekly Business Recaps
• Perform execution of key promotion and markdown pricing activities in our Price and Event Management tool
• Provide data analysis to support sales and inventory plans that align with division objectives, and presents findings to leadership
• Support/participate in a collaborative, innovative and results-oriented environment
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• 1-2 years' work experience, preferred
• Must have extreme attention to detail
• Possess strong organizational and time management skills
• Problem Solving & Decision Quality: Able to use logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions
• Systems and Tools Acumen: Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, and have the aptitude to learn technical applications quickly
• Collaboration: Able to build constructive and effective relationships with a diverse group of business partners
• Demonstrate strong listening, written and oral communication skills
• Ability to absorb information quickly and efficiently filter information to the appropriate teams, leaders, and individuals
• Customer and product centric, retail experience preferred
• The ability to work effectively in a fast paced, ambitious, and ever-changing environment
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we've been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.