Job ID: 427880
Oldcastle APG, a CRH company, is a leading global supplier of building and landscaping products. Its product portfolio includes hardscapes and masonry, packaged cement mixes, lawn and garden materials, and composite decking sold through a variety of channels for residential and commercial use. Oldcastle APG is the leading producer of hardscapes in North America and Europe and the innovator behind many of the industry's well-known brands: Belgard hardscapes, Echelon masonry, Sakrete bagged dry mixes, and MoistureShield composite decking. With over 260 operating locations and approximately 8,500 employees, Oldcastle APG operates across 7 countries in the U.S., Canada, and Europe.
This position will perform general office / administrative and inventory control duties for the manufacturing worksite and will report directly to the both the Site Manager and Assistant Site Manager. This individual will perform routine clerical and inventory functions and may support more than one department simultaneously.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs a variety of clerical work involving standardized forms, spreadsheets, reports, data, and procedures using established instruction/routines
- Assist the Site Manager and Assistant Site Manager in the day-to-day office and manufacturing plant functions to insure efficiency
- Enter, track and update daily production and inventory
- Composes emails and types routine correspondence
- Organizes and maintains file systems, electronic and paper, including shipping and receiving records
- Assist the Site Manager, Assistant Site Manager, and EHS Coordinator with onboarding new hires / paperwork / training
- Conduct daily cycle counts on Raw Materials and Finished Goods and support monthly inventory tasks
- Assist in ordering, receiving, and entering bulk raw material into the system while analyzing the data
- Work with Dispatch to ensure availability of finished goods for shipping requirements
- Communicate inventory levels and shortages as necessary
- Many tasks will require being outside in the yard and inside the bag plant facility. Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.Requirements
- High school diploma (or GED), Associate degree preferred, or equivalent
- One to two years of inventory control/office administrative experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Navigate and utilize ERP and MRP systems - Lawson knowledge is a plus
- Strong Microsoft Office skills including Outlook, Excel and Word with the ability to learn additional software
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Solid verbal and written communication skills and superb customer service orientation
- Excellent teamwork skills and the ability to work closely with others
- Must be detail oriented, organized, and have problem-solving and reasoning skills
- Ability to perform basic math calculations such as add, subtract, multiply, divide and compute rate and ratio
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out written and oral instructions
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables with little or no structure
- Forklift operational skills and/or ability to operate jockey truck is a plus (training will be provided if needed)
- Ability to work independently
What CRH Offers You
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak or hear
- Ability to perform sedentary work, frequent walking, standing, squatting, and bending required
- Prolonged sitting, repetitive use of fingers and hands for typing
- Must have the ability to lift and/or move up to 65 lbs. from the ground level. The need to lift over 65 lbs. may arise from time to time - should this be the case, employees should engage in team lifting and/or use the provided equipment to safely lift
- Must have the capability to perform physical activities that require considerable use of arms, legs, and your whole body - bending, crouching, climbing - using steps and ladders, pushing pulling, stooping and reaching
- Must be available to work overtime and weekends as necessary
- May be required to work under stressful conditions
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Oldcastle APG, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date Posted: Jul 8, 2022 Nearest Major Market:
Minneapolis Job Segment:
Secretary, Shipping and Receiving, Clerical, Inventory, Administrative Assistant, Administrative, Operations
This job has expired.