Under general supervision, the Inventory Control Associate's primary responsibility is to cycle count inventory in order to reconcile quantities in Warehouse Management System and BRIAN software system. This position will interact with his or her supervisor frequently during each work period. Nearly all but the most routine activities will require a supervisor's advance approval.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
* Cycle count products in order to provide accurate information to multiple departments.
* Conduct a visual check to ensure that all products are in their specified locations; reposition products as needed.
* Perform visual validation of merchandise and compare to description and package details.
* Analyze and interpret data from various inventory reports in order to resolve discrepancies
* Communicate to management all issues that could result in process delays, safety risks, or those that might cause loss to GameStop or its associates.
* Perform other tasks in the Distribution Center or Refurb Center as directed to ensure the balanced, efficient completion of workload to achieve overall department goals.
* Communication - Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message
* Managing Work - Effectively manages one's time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
* Planning and Organizing - Establishing courses of action for self and others to ensure work is completed efficiently
* Quality Orientation - Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time
BASIC AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
* Must be able to lift and carry boxes, totes and other objects weighing up to 50 pounds
* Must be at least 18 years old and present state-required proof of age documents
* High school diploma or GED preferred
* Previous experience working in a distribution center preferred
* Must be able to work for extended periods during high volume periods (up to 8 hours per day, 6 or 7 days a week)
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
* Working knowledge related to data analysis and problem solving - including identifying and solving issues
* Ability to communicate effectively with others, with varying responsibilities and work areas, using spoken and written English
* Working knowledge of basic math functions (add, subtract, multiply, divide)
* Working knowledge of common business computer systems and applications - specifically, Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Excel
* Possess the dexterity to utilize writing utensils (pen/pencil), calculators, small hand-held tools, manual razors and other mechanical/electrical equipment without assistance
* Ability to understand and comply with all GameStop policies and procedures, including but not limited to, those related to attendance, safety, conflict of interest, confidentiality, honesty and ethical conduct