SIGN ON BONUS $5,000.00
Under general supervision of a Radiologist, the Interventional Radiology (IR) Technologist performs IR procedures on ambulatory and hospital patients in a physician office, clinic, or hospital setting as requested by a physician or other licensed provider for the diagnosis of disease and injury in accordance with established protocols. The IR Technologist maintains production and quality of imaging procedures by following established standards and procedures.
The IR Technologist job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Utilizes AIDET when communicating with patients to: identify patient service requirements, ensure correct exam is performed on the correct patient, and establish rapport with patients and others.
- Instructs/communicates with patient and/or patients family regarding the test to be performed and assesses patients ability to tolerate exam.
- Prepares patient or area for IR procedure by positioning patient, adjusting immobilization devices, moving equipment into specified position and adjusting equipment controls to set exposure factors.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to safety requirements, infection-control, drug and radiation policies, protocols and techniques.
- Works with engineers and physicists to ensure optimal operational capabilities of equipment.
- Maintains medical imaging records in appropriate system and according to department policies and standards for interpretation in a timely manner.
- Assists leadership in maintaining all required policies, procedures, standards and records for applicable governmental, regulatory and accrediting organizations by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations of the OSHA, TJC, TDH and ACR.
The ideal candidate for the IR Technologist role will be able to provide services in a timely, accurate, and cost-efficient manner in compliance with established System and regulatory standards, policies and procedures.
Location/Facility Baylor Scott & White Dallas
For more information on the facility, please click our Locations link.
Specialty/Department/Practice Radiology (Special Procedures)
Shift/Schedule Full Time/ w call (30 min response time to hospital)
Benefits Our competitive benefits package includes*:
Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
PTO accrual beginning Day 1
*Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
Shift: Mon - Fri 9:30AM - 6:00PM
- Graduateof an Accredited Program
- AmericanRegistry of Radiologic Technologist in Radiography (ARRT-R) Certification
- AmericanRegistry of Radiologic Technologists in Cardiac-Interventional (ARRT-CI) or InterventionalRadiography (ARRT-VI) Certification
- MedicalRadiologic Technologist (MRT) License
- BasicLife Support (BLS) Certification
- $5,000 Sign-On Bonus (for New Hires w/ IR Experience)