WVU Potomac State College’s Mary F. Shipper Library (http://www.potomacstatecollege.edu) seeks applications for a faculty librarian who will provide instruction/reference services with a focus on rural entrepreneurship. This position requires regular presence on the Keyser campus.
This position is a twelve-month, non-tenured faculty librarian position. Exemplary librarianship, professional development/research, and service is required for reappointment and promotion in rank.
We are looking for a proactive, user-centered, innovative, and adaptable librarian to actively lead engagement efforts with faculty, students, and staff across disciplines. The librarian will
Qualifications Required qualifications:
- Focus on students and employees in Potomac State College’s four-year undergraduate programs in business and sustainable agricultural entrepreneurship (SAGE) and will provide instruction/reference across other disciplines as needed. This may include the need to travel to off-site instructional spaces.
- Connect students and employees with library spaces, resources, and services through creative and innovative programming and by strengthening our partnerships with student-led organizations, university departments, and other stakeholders, including community organizations in the Mineral County and surrounding area.
- Collaborate with colleagues on the WVU Keyser campus and within the WVU Libraries system (Morgantown and Beckley) to plan and implement creative library services and initiatives that advance the goals of the WVU Keyser campus community.
- Work with economic development agencies in the Mineral County area, providing business and economic reference/research support to advance the land-grant mission of West Virginia University.
- Demonstrate passion and creativity in their teaching, advocacy and problem solving. Broaden representation and belonging through materials and outreach strategies.
- The WVU Keyser campus is fully integrated with the WVU Libraries system. Employees and students have full access to the electronic resources available to WVU users (more than 2.4 million print books available via ILL, more than 1 million eBooks, and more than 350 databases). WVU Libraries belongs to the Pennsylvania Academic Library Consortium, Inc. (PALCI) and the Greater Western Library Association (GWLA).
- ALA accredited master's degree
- Knowledge of research and reference service trends
- Demonstrated ability to support research and information needs in collaboration with faculty, staff, and students
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills
- Degree or library experience in a field appropriate to the position
- Knowledge of evidence-based practices in instruction and reference services
- Experience with current and emergent technologies and their applications in libraries and higher education, including but not limited to creating online learning objects, tutorials
- Familiarity with the discovery and use of data sets relevant to business and economic development in rural communities or willingness to develop proficiency
- Familiarity with career services or willingness to develop proficiency
- The ideal candidate will demonstrate a willingness to grow in their capabilities along with the Mary F. Shipper Library team in response to campus and other stakeholder needs.
- $40,000 - $45,000 commensurate with experience or appointed rank
- Valid US driver's license
Application materials must be submitted online at: https://wvu.taleo.net/careersection/faculty/jobdetail.ftl?job=19800&tz=GMT-04:00&tzname=America/New_York
Please provide the following materials:
- Letter of Interest
- Curriculum Vitae
- Contact information for three (3) professional references
First consideration will be given to applications received by Tuesday, June 23, 2022.About WVU
Potomac State College is part of the West Virginia University system of campuses. At West Virginia University, we pride ourselves on a tireless endeavor for achievement. We are home to some of the most passionate, innovative minds in the country who push their limits for the sake of progress, constantly moving the world forward. Our students, faculty and staff make this institution one of the best out there, and we are proud to stand as one voice, one university, one WVU. Get more details at https://talentandculture.wvu.edu/.
West Virginia University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer and is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff, and students, and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.
This job has expired.