WHO WE ARE
AVI-SPL is a digital enablement solutions provider who transforms how people and technology connect to elevateexperiences,create new value, and enableorganizations to thrive and grow. We are the largest provider of collaboration technology solutions, which include our award-winning managed services.
Our highly certified industry experts and innovation leaders share a vision to help people work smarter and live better. We believe that success starts with a sound team and that an inclusive and diverse workplace moves us all forward.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
The Installation Supervisor is responsible for mentoring and overseeing the office installation teams. This position can have between 5 and 10 direct reports and will support the Operations/Installation Manager while serving as a field change agent to help improve overall communication, project execution, and efficiency with Installation Technicians.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FORMust-Haves:
- Support all types of technical escalations from the field team and work with other team members on resolutions as needed
- Conduct quality control visits during and post-installation/commissioning and report findings to project teams and management
- Conduct pre-installation site surveys as needed
- Coordinate and manage installation activities, including all out-sourced or sub-contract work in support of project installation activities
- Develop a thorough understanding of project requirements and objectives including, but not limited to contractual, technical, schedule, construction coordination, materials, personnel, and scope of work
- Support and contribute to process improvement initiatives
- Demonstrate installation tasks for audiovisual projects including, but not limited to: pulling cable, cable termination, and equipment mounting
- Read and interpret electronic schematics and architectural blueprints
- Travel to various job sites
- Mentor and support Installation Technicians through their designated learning development plans
- Ability to implement and manage the activities of an installation workforce through recruiting, training, scheduling, and best-practices techniques
- Ability to lead a cohesive team, create alignment among management, and attract and develop staff to create a team-oriented and collaborative environment
- Ability to guide team members towards a cohesive set of strategic objectives and maintain efficient timelines in the completion of tasks
- Proven ability to significantly contribute toward or lead operation initiatives with a results-oriented approach
- Knowledge of basic signal flow for audio, video, and control
- Familiarity with AV or other electromechanical systems
- Exceptional strategic thinking and structured problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent capability to switch tasks while adapting to changing priorities
- Ability to negotiate conflict and maintain strong working relationships with people at all levels of the organization
- Enthusiastic self-starter capable of working independently and ensuring to meet deadlines
- Ability to use hand and power tools in a safe and efficient manner
- Ability to sit, walk, and stand; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands repetitively to finger, handle, feel, or operate standard office equipment
- Valid Driver's License and a Motor Vehicle Record that meets AVI-SPL driving standards
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent
WHY YOU'LL LIKE WORKING HERE
- Current OSHA 30 certification
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or a related field
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with construction or project management theory and best practices
- Minor control system and DSP programming capabilities including changes and troubleshooting
- Extensive experience developing and implementing business processes and streamlining operations
MORE ABOUT US
- Medical benefits, including vision and dental
- Paid holidays, sick days, and personal days
- Enjoyable and dynamic company culture
- Training and professional development opportunities
AVI-SPL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law. AVI-SPL is an AA/Disabled/Veteran Protected Employer VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
AVI-SPL reserves the right to alter work hours and work location as necessary. Work hours may vary based on client requirements and may include travel to various locations in support of the account.
This job has expired.