CAMPUS FACILITY SERVICE GENERA (IN-CFSG-IUINA)
Campus Facility Services (CFS) is proud to provide all IUPUI students, faculty, staff, and visitors with a high-quality physical environment. We provide maintenance, grounds and custodial services for more than 70 buildings and parking garages and over 300 acres of lawns, trees, plantings, sidewalks and parking lots. The department is also a frequent partner with IU Capital Projects on campus renovation projects and new construction initiatives.
Our Mission - Campus Facility Services (CFS) - People serving the campus community and caring for the physical environment in support of the IUPUI mission.
Our Vision - Earning customer trust through caring, connected, and competent service professionals.
For information about the department, please visit: Campus Facility Services
Additional information over Indiana University's comprehensive employee benefits program can be found here.
- Installs, maintains, and repairs a wide variety of equipment and machinery such as pumps, electric motors, conveyors, fans/blowers, gear boxes, precision bearings, etc.
- Uses precision measuring, alignment, metering, and set-up tools to install, troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair equipment.
- Reads and interprets blueprints, drawings, or schematics to determine proper methods and work procedures.
- Identifies and replaces worn or broken parts. May use hand tools or machine tools to rebuild/repair re-usable parts.
- Performs planned and preventive maintenance on various types of equipment, such as changing belts and filters, lubricating shafts, bearings, gears, motors, or pumps, cleaning air handling units, checking fan/blower velocity, and/or performing various visual inspections.
- May perform water treatments; treats closed-loop water systems, cooling towers, chilled water, and heating systems by collecting and testing water samples; adds appropriate chemicals to maintain correct levels and balances.
- Performs other general building maintenance as needed.
- Participates in the training of apprentices and/or other workers as needed.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned, including general building maintenance duties.
- Drives University vehicles as needed.
- Works any shift as needed. 24-hour a day emergency response as needed.
- Assists with snow removal activities as necessary.
- Sets up and operates various types of rigging such as hoists, cables/chains, cranes, pulleys, etc., to move, locate, and/or relocate equipment.
- High school diploma or GED
WORK EXPERIENCE Required
- 5 years verifiable journey level experience
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES Required
- Valid drivers license and ability to be insured by Indiana University upon date of hire
- Certificate in relevant DOL apprenticed trade
May be required to acquire and maintain a material-specific abatement certification, supervisor certification or other required certifications.
Working Conditions / Demands
- Ability to work in a safe and efficient manner
- Proficient communication skills
- Maintains a high degree of professionalism
- Demonstrates time management and priority setting skills
- Demonstrates a high commitment to quality
- Possesses flexibility to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Seeks to acquire knowledge in area of specialty
- Highly thorough and dependable
- Demonstrates a high level of accuracy, even under pressure
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to represent the company with external constituents
- Ability to drive multiple projects to successful completion
- Strong listening skills
- Ability to build strong customer relationships
- Ability to quickly troubleshoot and resolve problems
- Knowledge of and ability to use materials, methods/principles and tools specific to the needs of the Millwright trade.
- Knowledge of applicable building codes, regulations or ordinances.
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics and drawings.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to read and write in English and possess good math skills.
- Ability to lead and direct the work of others.
- Ability to work with wide variety of cultures and backgrounds.
This role requires the ability to remain in a stationary position as well as the ability to move about the workplace for long durations. It requires effective communication, the ability to operate machinery, tools, and controls. The role requires the ability to ascend/descend ladders/stairs, and to position one's self in low level positions, detect a variety of chemicals and/or gases. The role requires the ability to ascend to rooftops and move in tight spaces to perform and complete inspections. The person in this role must be able to perform the essential functions with or without an accommodation.Work Hours
Must be available to work during inclement weather (i.e. snow and ice) when weather emergencies dictate that the department is needed to take care of the campus.Job Classification
Career Level: Mastery
Job Function: Engineering, Trades & Facility
Job Family: Licensed & Skilled Trades
Click here to learn more about Indiana University's Job Framework.Posting Disclaimer
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there may be differences in the working conditions as advertised in our standard job postings (e.g., the ability to travel from one campus to another, etc.). If you are invited for an interview, please discuss your questions or concerns regarding the working conditions at that time.
This posting is scheduled to close at 11:59 pm EST on the advertised Close Date. This posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University, but will remain open for a minimum of 5 business days. To guarantee full consideration, please submit your application within 5 business days of the Posted Date.
If you wish to include a cover letter, you may include it with your resume when uploading attachments.New employees will be provided with information regarding Indiana University's COVID-19 vaccine policy, which includes the opportunity to request an exemption. To learn more, view our COVID-19 vaccine information page.Equal Employment Opportunity
Indiana University is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment based on individual qualifications. Indiana University prohibits discrimination based on age, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, disability status or protected veteran status. Indiana University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs and activities, including employment and admission, as required by Title IX. Questions or complaints regarding Title IX may be referred to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights or the university Title IX Coordinator. See Indiana University's Notice of Non-Discrimination here which includes contact information.Campus Safety and Security
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report, containing policy statements, crime and fire statistics for all Indiana University campuses, is available online. You may also request a physical copy by emailing IU Public Safety at email@example.com or by visiting IUPD.Contact Us
This job has expired.