The HORIBA Group of worldwide companies provides an extensive array of instruments and systems for applications ranging from automotive R&D, process and environmental monitoring, in-vitro medical diagnostics, semiconductor manufacturing and metrology, to a broad range of scientific R&D and QC measurements. Proven quality and trustworthy performance have established widespread confidence in the HORIBA Brand.
Inspired by our unique motto, "JOY and FUN," we focus on social responsibilities by building state-of-the-art products for scientific advancement; especially for protecting health, safety, and the environment. "HORIBARIANs", the HORIBA employees all over the world, look forward to working with additional creative and entrepreneurial self-starters.
HORIBA Instruments Incorporated is seeking a human resources professional, located in Piscataway, New Jersey to support our U.S. Scientific business segment. The HR Representative position is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated business units. The position formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflects the business objectives of the organization. The HR Representative maintains an effective level of business literacy about the business unit's financial position, its midrange plans, its culture and its competition.
HORIBA Scientific offers 200 years of experience in developing high-performance scientific instrument and analytical solutions for life sciences, material sciences, water, energy and many other applications.
Key responsibilities include:
Key requirements include:
- Consistently delivering excellent customer service and demonstrating respect, initiative, and follow-through in each encounter with internal and external customers and other business contacts.
- Partnering with the leadership team to manage talent (including sourcing, attraction, selection, onboarding, engagement, development, and retention activities), organizational development, and succession planning programs.
- Managing, including delivery, of training, as well as compensation, benefit, and other programs.
- Educating employees on HORIBA's philosophy, culture, policies and practices, fostering an employee environment that encourages and provides for open and productive communications.
- Being a key resource to employees and leadership team for employee relations and other guidance and ensuring the company is compliant with federal and state employment regulations.
- Analyzing trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Managing and resolving complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the legal department as needed/required.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Identifies training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs.
- Participates in evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success. Follows up to ensure training objectives are met.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent customer service, initiative, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail.
- Possession of strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Possession of strong employee relations and talent management skills, as well as knowledge of state and local employment regulations and human resources best practices.
- Proven leadership and demonstrated ability to help develop and maintain a productive work environment.
- Bachelor's degree and human resources certification(s) preferred.
- Seven plus years of progressive generalist human resources experience; prior experience in a leadership role a plus.
HORIBA Instruments Incorporated offers a competitive compensation package that includes 401(k) plan with employer match; employee group dental, vision, life, and disability (short and long-term) paid for by the company; medical insurance, family dental and vision insurance, and supplemental life insurance available with reasonable employee contributions; employee assistance program; paid holidays, vacation, and sick time; flexible spending accounts; and educational reimbursement and commuter benefit programs.
If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (800) 446-7422 ext 1113 for assistance. HORIBA will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities to be able to participate in the hiring process. HORIBA is committed to making our workplace accessible for individuals with disabilities. EEO/Affirmative Action/Veteran Status/Disabilities.HORIBA IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER!
This job has expired.