Human Resources Generalist I- CTSI Fl Together Now Grant
Job No: 525155
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Department: 29680190 - MD-CTSI OTH GRANT MGMT
Human Resources Generalist I
Responsible for coordinating the personnel needs for faculty and staff in the department.
-Provides guidance and assistance to hiring managers, supervisors, and employees regarding human resources policies and procedures. Works closely with College of Medicine Human Resources.
- Submits human resources-related transactions, such as creating positions, processing new hires and job modifications within myUFL, and posting job requisitions in Careers at UF (PageUp and Interfolio).
- Assists with the onboarding process of new employees, including ensuring the completion of new hire paperwork and providing new employee orientation information,
- Maintains knowledge of federal and state laws, university regulations, and College of Medicine policies to ensure the department is effective and consistent in HR matters.
- Ensures completion/submission of quarterly performance check-ins; tracking and submission of faculty and postdoctoral annual evaluations.
- Takes direction from the Department Administrator and COM-HR regarding human resources related matters.
- Works closely with fiscal contact and grant administrators regarding budget table distributions, moving expenses, and other finance-related actions within the Department.
- Works with UF-HR Immigration Compliance Service and the UF International Center to process the appropriate visa for new and current employees within the department. Responsible for securing and processing all foreign national documents for new hires as well as processing I-9 reverification documents for current employees. Monitors visa status of current foreign national employees to assure timely processing for visa renewal to avoid lapse in employment. Works closely with the COM-HR and UF-HR Immigration Compliance Services (ICS).
Departmental Payroll and Payroll Distributions
Duties to include, but not limited to:
- Entering time off requests into elapsed and punch-time modules in MyUFL
- Sending employee time entries to supervisor for time approval
- Approving time for faculty and staff in MyUFL
- Clearing payroll exceptions
- Reviewing preliminary and final payroll reports for accuracy, ensuring everyone is paid correctly
- Must be knowledgeable of payroll and leave administration policies and procedures and be able to effectively communication policy and procedures to faculty and staff as needed
- Coordinates the correct salary sources with the administrator for new hires and distributes salary appointments accordingly. Works with administrator to distribute personnel; includes payroll distributions that cross department and college lines, which includes coordinating with other departments/colleges to complete the appropriate forms.
-obtains the appropriate budget information and coordinates with contacts across the university to process payroll distributions in accordance with the CTSI budget.
$45,000-$53,000 commensurate with education and experience
Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge of personnel rules and regulations of the University of Florida
Creating, advertising and hiring positions
Payroll time and labor
Good verbal and written communication skills
Detail oriented, able to multi-task in a fast pace office
Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter and resume.
The University of Florida is committed to non-discrimination with respect to race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, national origin, political opinions or affiliations, genetic information and veteran status in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.
This is a time limited position.
This position is eligible for veteran's preference. If you are claiming veteran's preference, please upload a copy of your DD 214 Member Copy 4 with your application for consideration. See our Veteran's Preference Page for more.
This position has been reposted. Previous applicants are still under consideration and need not reapply.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
Health Assessment Required:
Special Instructions to Applicants
Health Assessment Required: $Health
Applications Close: $Closes
To apply, visit https://explore.jobs.ufl.edu/en-us/job/525155/human-resources-generalist-i-ctsi-fl-together-now-grant
The University is committed to non-discrimination with respect to race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, national origin, political opinions or affiliations, genetic information and veteran status in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-758286820e3a0b439672381851966b31
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!