Working under general supervision, the Associate, HR Solution Center assists associates via phone or email with questions or concerns regarding HR systems, policies, and procedures. The principal business outcome for this role is to create higher levels of associate satisfaction and a general understanding of HR systems and procedures. This position often takes responsibility for resolving many situations himself or herself within established GameStop parameters. The associate will interact with his or her supervisor several times a week, perhaps daily, to receive guidance and feedback. Many non-routine activities will require a supervisor's advance approval.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
* Assist associates professionally, via phone or email, in response to questions, concerns, and requests for assistance
* Maintain the confidentiality and security of data accessed during the course of daily activities
* Consistent with established guidelines, escalate specified types of concerns to other HR team members or supervisor
* Work as a team member to maintain the highest quality of customer service and productivity; provide coverage for other team members as needed.
* Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisor and individuals at all levels of the organization.
* Customer Focus - Makes customers and their needs a primary focus of one's actions; develops and sustains productive customer relationships
* Communication - accurately comprehends messages from others and responds appropriately; checks for understanding from recipient, and presents message in different ways to enhance understanding.
* Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; uses effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; takes action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
* Managing Conflict - Effectively handles antagonistic situations with others over the phone and email. Uses appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict from customers.
BASIC AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE)
* High school diploma or GED required
* At least one year of relevant, customer-focused worked experience required; general HR/payroll support or in a retail or similar environment with high volume preferred
* Must be able to work additional hours during peak seasons and when special projects are required
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
* Proficiently accurate typing and data entry skills
* Working analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
* Proficient ability to communicate effectively with others using spoken and written English
* Proficient customer service skills
* Ability to demonstrate poise and patience consistently in a fast-paced customer service environment with largely unpredictable variances in activity
* Proficient ability to work collaboratively with others; conduct working relationships in a manner acceptable to others and to the organization
* Proficient ability to remain effective under stress, and respond to pressure in a manner acceptable to others and to the organization
* Proficient knowledge of Windows-based business computers and Microsoft Office programs; specifically, Access, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word
* Demonstrated ability to model customer-focused behaviors leading to outstanding customer experiences
* Consistently demonstrates a commitment to GameStop policies and procedures, including but not limited to, attendance, confidentiality, conflict of interest, and ethical responsibilities