Join Our Team: Make a difference in the lives of others. Join our team today! Overview:
Elderwood at Hornell is seeking a full time a Part Time Housekeeping Aide - Position Overview:
- Our facilities' pleasant decor and amenities create home-like comfort for all who live in them. Housekeeping team members keep individuals' rooms and gathering areas clean, tidy and attractive.
- Shift Options: Days, 6a-2p & Evenings, 2p-10p
- Maintain cleanliness of general areas and assigned rooms of residents
Help move personal belongings of residents and clean and disinfect floor, furniture, bed and bathroom according to accepted procedures when a resident is discharged or transferred to another room.
Follow safety rules, and where applicable, maintain vigilance concerning fire regulations and hazards as stated in procedures.
Practice infection control principles in cleaning methods and personal hygiene.
Keep cleaning compounds and hazardous substances stored properly for the protection of residents and staff.
Collect and dispose of trash and other refuse in such a manner that prevents the transmission of disease and does not create a nuisance or fire hazard, nor a breeding place for insects and rodents.
- Minimum 18 yrs. age required, HS diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Position related experience preferred but not required.
- Interest in housekeeping skills and procedures necessary.
- Ability to perform assigned tasks to a high degree of excellence, and cleanliness required.
- Respect for residents' privacy and rights for respect and dignity necessary.
EOE Statement: WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.