RN (Home Care) - Eddy Visiting Nurses and Rehab Association - Rensselaer, NY
If you are looking for a RN position in home care, to meet your schedule as full time, this could be your opportunity. Here at St. Peter's Health Partner's, we care for more people in more places.
Eddy VNRA is a non-profit home health agency with over 100 years experience meeting the needs of patients and families in the community. We are CHAP Accredited, and are fortunate to have above industry average outcomes and patient satisfaction. Eddy VNRA is the largest home health agency in the greater Capital Region, and offers a wide range of innovative, specialty programs such as telehomecare, WOCNs, CDE, home based enhanced/palliative care and more.
What you will do:
Top Quality Care: Eddy VNRA in ranked for the eighth year within HomeCare Elite's list of top 25% home care agencies and reached top 500 four of those years!
Commitment to safety: Through Trinity Health's distribution network, the team has never ran out of PPE and has increased their safety training in the face of COVID
Future of health care: Keep patients in their homes and out of the hospital setting
Growing team: Home care is a growing specialty as more and more patients are looking to have their care done at home
Quality of Life: Where career opportunities and quality of life converge
Advancement: Strong orientation program, generous tuition allowance and career development
Work/Life: Independent working environment, but leadership is just a call away
Flexible schedule: Shifts have some flexibility, but ideally looking for 8am-4pm M-F with minimal weekend/holiday commitment
Supportive environment: Access to clinical nurse specialists, in-depth computer training, assistance obtaining insurance authorizations and RN supervisors who are only a phone call away
Close to home: Once orientated start and end your day at home and staying close to the community
- Coordinate an interdisciplinary plan of care with physical/occupational/speech therapists, medical social workers, aides and dieticians.
What you will need:Required:
- Obtain health histories and document health concerns of patients
- Serve as a liaison to needed services and follow up on problems or concerns presented by the resident
- Suggest appropriate community resources to meet specific needs and enhance the client's well-being
- Educate patients/caregivers about their diagnoses, medications and help them become independent with their treatments and self-management of their chronic illness(es)
- A current license to practice as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the State of New York
- 2 years or more of recent experience as a RN ideally in home care, ED, ICU or oncology
- Valid driver license and reliable vehicle
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- 2 years or more of experience in a home care setting
- Bachelor's degree of nursing
- Registered Nurses at Eddy VNRA must possess a passion for caring for patients and demonstrate a respectful, caring, professional demeanor
- The RN must have excellent time management and organizational skills
- The RN must be able to communicate effectively, verbally and written and possess strong critical thinking skills to problem solve
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
This job has expired.