Roswell Park Cancer Institute
First Shift (United States of America)
Prepares tissue for microscopic review; stains slides with special stains including IHC; maintains laboratory equipment and completes appropriate quality control records; maintains the laboratory in a clean fashion; performs routine histology tasks including paraffin specimen embedding, sectioning and staining; prepares surgical frozen sections; accessing and processes surgical and biopsy specimens; performs simple and complex laboratory test procedures in a timely manner as assigned; performs related laboratory technology duties, assists MD faculty and fellows during post mortem autopsies.
Starting salary for this position is $66,424 annually which includes a comprehensive benefits package.
Required Education and Experience
1. License to practice as a Certified Histological Technician, Clinical Laboratory Technician or Clinical Laboratory Technologist in the State of New York; or
2. Eligibility for licensure as a Certified Histological Technician, Clinical Laboratory Technician or Clinical Laboratory Technologist in the State of New York.
Education and Experience
1. Bachelor's degree in a related discipline and the equivalent of two (2) years of full-time Histology experience including the performance of immunohistochemistry, frozen section or grossing biopsy/surgical specimens; or
2. Bachelor's degree in a related discipline and completion of a Histological Technician Certificate program recognized by New York State for licensure exam eligibility and the equivalent of two (2) years of full-time Histology experience including the performance of immunohistochemistry, frozen section or grossing biopsy/surgical specimens; or
3. Associate's degree and the equivalent of four (4) years of full-time experience as a Histotechnologist II at Roswell Park.
1. Required degrees must have been granted by an accredited college or university or one recognized by Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center as following acceptable educational practices.
The preferred candidate will have experience with standard Histology procedures such as frozen section, moh's surgery, grossing of non-complex biopsy specimens, special stains, IHCs, and FISH and will have experience with post mortem examinations.
Roswell Park Cancer Institute Corporation (RPCIC) and Health Research Inc. (HRI) Roswell Park Division believe that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities, and we do not discriminate against our employees, applicants or job seekers because of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, creed, age, disability, pregnancy-related condition, military or veteran status, marital or familial status, domestic violence victim status, citizenship status, genetic information, individual's relationship or association with a member of a protected category or any other protected group status as defined by law.
Additionally, RPCIC and HRI Roswell Park Division are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to HR-Benefits@RoswellPark.org or call (716) 845-4700 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org .