Improving the health of our community in all we do
Northeast Georgia Health System (NGHS)is a non-profit community health system on a mission of improving the health of our community in all we do. Our team cares for more than 1 million people across the region through four hospitals and a variety of outpatient locations. Northeast Georgia Medical Center (NGMC) has campuses in Gainesville, Braselton, Winder and Dahlonega - with a total of more than 700 beds and more than 1,100 medical staff members representing more than 50 specialties. NGHS also encompasses Northeast Georgia Physicians Group, a multi-specialty group with more than 65 locations, and The Heart Center of Northeast Georgia Medical Center, a cardiology practice with more than 15 locations.
HIM Operations Manager
Working under the supervision of the Director, establish and maintain an efficient and timely day-to-day operation of the HIM Operations areas. The Manager is responsible and will work congruently with the HIM Operations staff to support and assist in the development and implementation of best practice, utilizing technical and financial resources to the fullest. Oversee the quality and productivity of the Health system's as they relate to the HIM Operational areas. Facilitate communication between the HIM functions and others within the Revenue Cycle.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
Preferred Education requirements:
- Two years of experience supervising in a Health Information Management Department.
- Professional licensure in HIM; RHIA or RHIT
Job Specific and Unique Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor's Degree in Health Information
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities
- Must have the ability to work under pressure with time constraints and have the following skills and aptitudes:
- Knowledge with electronic record systems.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to coordinate, prioritize and manage multiple tasks and responsibilities.
- Ability to accurately interpret and implement regulatory standards. Ability to interpret legal requirements. Ability to establish rapport with physicians and other healthcare practitioners.
- Strong managerial, leadership, and interpersonal skills. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to intervene in an accurate and timely manner when pertinent information required and allowing efficient work flow processes.
- Acts and leads in a manner that is reflective of the philosophy, vision and values of NGHS. Integrates these values throughout all initiatives and efforts.
- Uses a proactive leadership style to model and promote a culture of trust and communication. Seeks suggestions and input from staff and colleagues. Promotes an active participation of all staff in decisions that affect them.
- Holds all staff members accountable for following and adhering to all applicable rules, regulations, laws and guidelines.
- Oversee and coordinate all formal communication with coders and other NGHS staff.
- Oversee and monitor the development and implementation of the electronic medical record compliance program as it relates to coding processes.
- Work closely with other Department managers to ensure an efficient and effective flow of information leading up to and following the coding functions.
- Encourages personnel to attend educational opportunities relevant to their position and supports their attendance.
- Promotes a service-oriented culture within the organization and assures satisfaction with the quality and amount of support provided for departmental functions, initiatives and projects.
- Researches and recommends various technology tools available to support HIM initiatives as it relates to the operational areas of the department.
- Responsible for the supervision, coordination, and processing functions of the operations areas to promote productivity and date integrity.
- Ensure that regular quality reviews and evaluation of required documentation and processes.
- Ensure that contract consultants and other contracted entities understand and agree to adhere to official department and organizational guidelines and practices.
- Communicates effectively with HIM Operations staff to ensure patient satisfaction.
- In addition to the above criteria, the Manager will be responsible for and must be proficient in all job duties of the HIM Operations areas.
- Assist in serving as the HIM Operations advisor to individuals within the Organization.
- Responsible for the direct supervision of operations staff and all related functions in the area various department areas.
- Serves as the 1st contact for operational related issues.
- Responsible for staffing the area hours as needed for operational coverage.
- Coordinates and ensures that all operational functions are completed within standard timeframe post discharge and/or ancillary services.
- Ensure the appropriate dissemination and communication of all regulations, policy and guideline changes.
- Participate in the development of goals and objectives for the Department, related to the HIM Operational areas, as well as short-term and long-range planning.
- Develop, interpret, revise and implements policy and procedures for both operations and coding staff.
- Participate in preparing Department budget specific to HIM Operations and manage area within budgeted guidelines.
- Utilizes time management skills to ensure completion of daily processes.
- Interview and hire HIM Operational staff with input from the Operational Leads; include Director when needed, specifically related to vacant lead roles.
- Mentor staff daily and follow progressive discipline where indicated.
- Works with Director to resolve discrepancies or staffing issues and addresses non-compliance to policies and/or procedures in a timely manner. Councils staff and administers corrective action as needed.
- Conducts staff performance evaluations. Seeks input from Director, if needed.
- Ensure thorough and appropriate documentation for all assigned staff is being maintained.
- Maintains professional development and growth through professional affiliations, seminars and workshops to keep abreast of trends in HIM.
- Oversight of Release of Information:
- Reviews weekly turnaround reports and reports outliers to the Director.
- Reviews all Risk Management/Legal Issues for accuracy and acts as liaison with Risk Management Department and Medical Center Legal Counsel.
- Oversight for certification of records.
- Reviews ROI contract annually with Director for renewal and makes recommendations as needed.
- Assists Director with management/operation of the HIM Department.
- Responsible for operation of the department in Director's absence.
- Attends meetings throughout the organization and represents the Director as assigned.
- Completes all employee reports and records according to established time frames: Success Reviews, Time Cards/Payroll Records, Disciplinary Actions, and Personnel Action Forms.
- Serve as the key point person and/or assist, as needed, with HIM related complaints received by other departments. Is responsible for resolving complaints and following up with all parties involved.
Since first opening its doors in Gainesville in 1951, Northeast Georgia Medical Center has added hospital campuses in Braselton, Barrow and Dahlonega - and become Georgia's most awarded hospital. Some recognitions include being named to these lists:
America's 50 Best Hospitals- Healthgrades
100 Top Hospitals- Truven Health Analytics
100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs- Beckers Hospital Review
America's Top Quality Providers- Carechex
Atlanta's Top 150 Workplaces- Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Healthcare's Most Wired Hospitals and Health Systems- Hospitals & Health Networks magazine
NGMC has also been recognized in recent years as Georgia's #1 Hospital for overall hospital care, overall surgical care, heart care, orthopedic surgery, women's care and more.
This job has expired.