Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is recruiting for Heavy Equipment Operators to join are SWPPP team in Chatham, Virginia. Solar experience is a plus. We offer outstanding benefits, good pay, and career opportunities.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required.
- Ability to work with and assist crew in hoisting material, tools, equipment, and any related work with one or more of the following mini-excavator, large boom all terrain forklift / extended boom, skid steers, front-end loader, excavator / track-hoe, bulldozers with GPS a plus, out riggers, 10K / 12K Forklift
- Ability to read and interpret maps, sketches, drawings, specifications and technical manuals
- Understands and follows oral and written instructions
- Works independently in the absence of supervision
Skills / Qualifications
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Must have valid driver's license and experienced in operating heavy, motorized equipment used in delivery and storage of expensive equipment and material
- Can use hand-held mobile radio units to coordinate tasks and resources
- Can perform a variety of skilled construction and maintenance tasks
- Can perform a variety of manual tasks for extended periods in unfavorable weather conditions
- Ability to communicate clearly / both orally and in writing or via radio, perform routine inspection and preventive maintenance on assigned equipment and refer defects or repairs to supervisor; clean equipment
- A commitment to safety
- OSHA 10 verified certification is required
- Must possess enough strength and stamina to perform the technical duties and essential functions as identified above
- Must be able to move in and around confined spaces and uneven areas
- Must have full range of motion
- Required consistently to work 48 hours + per week performing construction-based labor in varying temperature extremes and conditions (additional OT as needed)
- Must be able to adequately hear and respond to voice commands and alerts from other employees, alarms, and other job-related noises
- May be required to lift and carry items weighing no more than 50 pounds
- Must be able to work in extreme weather conditions.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.