Under direct supervision, conducts accurate and verified descriptive and statistical analysis of patterns of care and outcomes and prepares reports for dissemination and presentations. Conducts literature searches/reviews, assists in designing statistical analysis plans, and defining case selection criteria and variable parameters.
ESSENTIAL COMPETENCIES, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Develop, write, and maintain SAS computer programs, modify and interpret primary analyses, conduct secondary and exploratory analyses, assist in the development and application of appropriate statistical models, determine sample sizes, manipulate databases, and track and evaluate patterns of care and outcomes.
- Responsible for clearly written and complete project documentation and technical reports supported by tables and charts.
- Verify and ensure the accuracy of all assigned tasks, functions and statistical output, including the documentation of computer programs written, reproduced and modified to generate results and output. Identify problem areas and develop solutions through appropriate staff.
- Attends and participates in data analyst, project, staff and training meetings. Interact with project staff and communicate data results to staff. Represents HSAG in a professional manner at all times.
- Stay abreast of changes in database structure, variable definitions, processes of health care delivery, and current analytic methodologies.
- Bachelor\'s degree with strong emphasis in mathematics, statistics or epidemiology.
- Experience in manipulating databases and in developing and interpreting data analyses.
- Experience in SAS and Microsoft office.
- Undergraduate course work in statistics.
- Good verbal/written communication skills.
- Prefer experience in computer software applications such as Stata, UNIX, and Visual Basic.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. DISCLAIMER
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current position, management reserves the right to revise the position or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, rush jobs requiring non-regular work hours, or technological developments).
HSAG is an EEO Employer of Veterans protected under Section 4212.
If you have special needs and require assistance completing our employment application process, please feel free to contact us.
This job has expired.