Elsevier Clinical Solutions
Health System Sales Executive, Clinical Performance
We're looking for motivated, action-oriented, self-starters to sell our portfolio of enterprise information solutions to hospitals/health systems, healthcare providers, including physicians, nurses and pharmacists.
Elsevier is the leading provider of medical information in the world. In fact, we provide over 25% of the world's clinical content, and serve over 20 million healthcare professionals. Clinical Solutions is uniquely positioned to help our customers achieve success. We have a clear mission to use our evidence-based content to deliver better outcomes for patients. Across a complex care continuum and a diverse spectrum of care providers and patients, Elsevier offers solutions and services that help customers utilize and integrate content to improve professional practice, reduce care variability, engage patients and promote a culture of quality, safety and satisfaction - optimizing care delivery, the patient experience and financial outcomes.
Purpose of the Role:
The Health Systems Sales Executive will be charged with identifying new business opportunities at Health Systems, Hospitals and Medical Schools within the region to sell our Elsevier Clinical Performance Solutions. The sales executive will be responsible for partnering with the top accounts in the territory, calling on c-suite decision makers to create a value proposition for use of Clinical Performance products. 80% of the time will be spent generating new sales and closing new contracts, as well as upselling new solutions to existing customers. The additional 20% of the time will be spent renewing major contracts which are ending. This is a field based role; candidates will work from their home office and travel to client locations as required, approximately 40-50% of the time, depending on the territory.
The Clinical Performance Health System Sales Executive will represent the following products:
Clinical Reference Suite: Elsevier's flagship product, our Clinical Reference Suite is designed to answer clinical questions for practicing physicians, nurses and pharmacists at the point of care. It includes three different modules:
ClinicalKey is a clinical search engine that supports clinical decisions by making it easier to find and apply relevant knowledge. We drive better care by delivering fast, concise answers, and deep access to evidence whenever, wherever you need it.
ClinicalKey for Nursing is a clinical search engine that supports clinical decisions by making it easier to find and apply relevant knowledge. We drive better care by delivering fast, concise answers, and deep access to evidence whenever, wherever you need it.
Clinical Pharmacology powered by ClinicalKey empowers healthcare professionals to deliver the best care and patient safety by providing the fastest access to the most current, accurate and clinically relevant drug information and trusted evidence to make sound medication decisions.
Performance Management Solutions: Used to track training and knowledge acquisition, these solutions help develop and maintain a high performing team, which ensures consistent top performance in patient care and administrative management through evidence-based interactive training. Products include the following:
Clinical Skills: Elsevier Clinical Skills (formerly Mosby's Skills) enables organizations to standardize education and manage competency among their nurses, therapists and other health professionals. By combining over 1,300 evidence-based skills and procedures with competency management functionality, it helps ensure that knowledge and skills are current and reflective of best practices and the latest clinical guidelines.
Clinical eLearning: Clinical eLearning provides authoritative online education to support clinical practice and the development of nurses and other health professionals. Organizations can reduce care variability and improve patient outcomes by delivering accessible, evidence-based educational content that supports practice improvement, orientation of new clinicians and continuing education for experienced clinicians. Elsevier has leveraged its long history of relationships with key associations into exclusive development partnerships to harness industry expertise, authority and credibility. A sampling of our development partners include AACN, ENA, ANPD and SPN. Our expertise and process has earned us the reputation as the premier clinical e-learning provider in the industry.
Home Health Care enables home health care organizations to address the challenges associated with orientation, continuing education and competency management. Comprehensive and web-based, the suite includes evidence-based eLearning, skills and procedures, and competency management resources to help home health care organizations maintain regulatory compliance, improve care consistency and promote optimal patient outcomes.
Job Responsibilities: The specific responsibilities associated with the position are as follows:
- Identify, qualify and close opportunities at Health Systems, Hospitals and Medical Schools to drive new business growth of the Clinical Performance portfolio in assigned territory
- Maintain existing book of business by renewing all major contracts, during the last year of the agreement
- Create, update and utilize a territory business plan identifying key renewal, upsell and new business prospects
- Establishes credibility and builds relationships with multiple department heads, key decision makers and influencers at hospitals, including C-suite
- Build and maintain a pipeline of at least 3x quota with qualified opportunities, and effectively move them through the selling process via Salesforce CRM
- Develops accurate forecasts of new business opportunities and active renewals
- Establishes strong competitive intelligence, by learning everything possible about our competitor's products, strategy, and sales approach in the marketplace
Accountabilities and Performance Measures:
- Maximizes revenue generation for the company by identifying multi-product, portfolio opportunities, and collaborates with peers to team sell
- Establishes strong internal relationships with key internal stakeholders, including peers, Sales Operations, Product Management, and Marketing personnel
- Demonstrate ability to work collaboratively with various functional areas in matrixed organizations, as well as with external stakeholders
- Achievement of new and renewal quotas
- Creation and replenishment of a robust pipeline of qualified opportunities
- Continuous updating of all sales activities in the CRM system
- Accurately forecasts new sales and renewals
- Provides tactical support of strategic objectives defined by executive management and Sales leadership
- Reports to Clinical Performance Sales Director
You should have a proven track record of success from B2B sales, strong technology solution selling experience; healthcare experience is preferred
Work in a way that works for you
- Proven track-record of success in prospecting & closing new business, leading to consistent quota achievement
- Demonstrated experience with "Consultative Selling" to identify and solve customer problems
- 5 + years of Experience selling technology solutions in a complex B2B/healthcare environment, with multiple influencers and decision makers
- Demonstrated ability to accurately forecast new business opportunities and renewals
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills to identify develop and manage opportunities
- Knowledge of regulatory environment in healthcare is a plus
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills; fluency in English
- Highly resourceful self-starter, and must project a positive attitude
- Ability to effectively influence various non-reporting functions in a matrixed business structure
- Demonstrates a strong work ethic and sense of urgency
- Able to travel as necessary, estimated to be 40% overnight
- BS/BA or equivalent experience, MBA desired
We promote a healthy work/life balance across the organization. With an average length of service of 9 years, we are confident that we offer an appealing working prospect for our people. With numerous wellbeing initiatives, shared parental leave, tuition assistance and training resources, we will help you meet your immediate responsibilities and your long-term goals.
Working with us
- Working remotely from home or any other work location
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you work in the day
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to help you succeed. Here, you will find an inclusive, agile, collaborative, innovative and fun environment, where everyone has a part to play. Regardless of the team you join, we promote a diverse environment with co-workers who are passionate about what they do, and how they do it.Working for you
At Elsevier, we know that your wellbeing and happiness are key to a long and successful career. These are some of the benefits we are delighted to offer:
- Comprehensive, multi-carrier health plan benefits
- Disability insurance
- Dependent Care and Commuter Spending Accounts
- Life and Accident Insurance
- Retirement Benefits (Salary Investment Plan/Employer Stock Purchase Plan)
- Modern Family Benefits, including adoption and surrogacy
A global leader in information and analytics, we help researchers and healthcare professionals advance science and improve health outcomes for the benefit of society. Building on our publishing heritage, we combine quality information and vast data sets with analytics to support visionary science and research, health education and interactive learning, as well as exceptional healthcare and clinical practice. At Elsevier, your work contributes to the world's grand challenges and a more sustainable future. We harness innovative technologies to support science and healthcare to partner for a better world.Join Us
Are you ready to help us progress science and health? Our technology leads to innovation, so join a forward-thinking digital business that is tackling world-scale challenges and align your ambitions with our passion for driving global knowledge-sharing.
Elsevier is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact email@example.com or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.
This job has expired.