(SUMMARY) Position Highlights:
- Competitive salary
Benefits - Medical, Dental & Vision, PTO, Free Parking, Metro Access, Tuition Reimbursement, 403(b)
Quality of Life:Flexible work schedules
Advancement:Career growth opportunities
- Responsible for obtaining and verifying demographic and financial information for all inpatients and outpatients prior to or during the registration process.
- Minimizes financial risk of providing services, by assessing patient financial status, verifying, and entering accurate patient information into EPIC TogetherCare system, obtaining signatures on all required hospital and regulatory forms, and obtaining applicable patient payments prior to or at time services are provided.
What you will need:
- Excellent customer service skills are utilized in all dealings with patients, family members, physician offices, third party payers and co-workers.
- Financial/insurance information is communicated to case management and financial counseling staff when appropriate. Completes all managed care notification requirements.
- Maintains patient confidentiality, and always adheres to hospital privacy and security policies.
- May be required to enter laboratory and radiology orders, when necessary.
- High School graduate or GED
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in both verbal and written form. Fluency in both English and Spanish preferred. Spanish may be required for this position in specific settings.
- One-year experience in a hospital and/or other health care setting, preferably in registration, billing, cash collections or insurance requirements. Familiarity with third party/insurance payers and medical terminology preferred.
- Proficiency in the use of computers. Specifically, Microsoft products and email.
- Typing skills of 45 wpm or higher required.
- Excellent telephone customer service skills, strong interpersonal communication, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Willingness to transport patients by wheelchair, meet patient age-specific needs,
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
Holy Cross Health is a Catholic, not-for-profit health system that serves more than 240,000 individuals each year from Maryland's two largest counties - Montgomery and Prince George's counties. Holy Cross Health earns numerous national awards, clinical designations and accreditations across a wide range of specialties for providing innovative, high-quality health care services.
We were named one of America's 100 best hospitals
Holy Cross Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard toMinority/Females/disabled/Veteran(M/F/D/V) status.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
This job has expired.