Talladega Superspeedway was created as a palace of speed in 1969 by NASCAR founder Bill France, Sr., who coined it "the Greatest Race Track in the World." At a mammoth 2.66-miles with 33 degrees of banking in the turns, it is NASCAR's Most Competitive venue. The "Fun" track prides itself on being family friendly, especially with the introduction of the Talladega Garage Experience in 2019 where guests are immersed into motorsports like never before. The host of two major NASCAR weekends a year, the iconic ribbon of asphalt is easy accessible off I-20, located between Birmingham, AL, and Atlanta, GA.
Responsibilities of the Usher:
- Checking your area before gates open to make sure all is in cleanly and in working order
- Greet and welcome each guest and thank each guest as they leave the event
- Have a strong understanding of the Talladega Superspeedway stadium layout to provide guests with directions to seating sections, restrooms, concession stands, novelty shops and other facility services and amenities
- Serves as an information specialist and knowledgeable about each event in order to respond appropriately to guest comments, questions, and requests in a prompt, courteous and professional manner
- Handle a variety of customer inquiries in a professional manner including but not limited to seating/ticket issues
- Assisting guests with the location of their seats
- Enforcing Speedway policies and procedures
- Verify credentials to control access into restricted areas
- Look for opportunities to enhance the guest experience
- All other duties assigned by Usher Team Leaders, and TSS Management
- Ability to review written and electronic materials (Tickets) in both digital and physical format
- Must be friendly, enthusiastic, and personable
- Customer service experience preferred
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to memorize layout of Talladega Superspeedway in order to answer guests general questions (seating sections, restrooms, concession stands, novelty shops and other facility services and amenities)
- Ability to work in a faced paced & high stress environment
- Ability to be on feet for extended periods of time (8-12 hours)
- Ability to work outside in variable seasonal weather conditions
- Ability to work with others and take direction
- Must follow dress code and have a clean, presentable appearance at all times.
Usher Team positions are ONLY a seasonal/temporary event based position. Main events run May and October with possible smaller events throughout the year. Shift length: 8-12 hours depending on specific event needs and event conditions.
Learn more about this role and our team by applying at www.careers.nascar.com for consideration.
We are a company unlike any other. We want you to bring your experience, skills and passion to our close-knit, high-energy environment in which our employees thrive and where you can prosper. We know the key to our success is our employees and we offer highly competitive salaries, a solid benefits package focused on wellness, and opportunities for you to grow and develop both personally and professionally. It won't take you long to find out that you are on the right track here at NASCAR!
NASCAR is committed to fostering a diverse work environment where all employees feel valued and empowered. NASCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). We seek to attract and retain the best qualified people available. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran status or any basis that is protected by applicable law except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists.
Follow us on Twitter @NASCARJobs to stay current on all of our openings.
This job has expired.