Johns Hopkins University Research Administration is seeking a Grants Associate who will provide advice, assistance, and counsel to faculty and staff during grant proposal preparation stage.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
Minimum Qualifications (Mandatory):
- Review grant proposals for completeness and compliance and write exception letters when needed.
- Review all applications to foundation and other non-profit sponsors, federal electronic applications, noncompeting grant and incoming subaward applications to both government and non-profit sponsors, prior approval requests and administrative updates such as no-cost extension requests, and JIT documentation.
- Manage a portion of pre-award grant activity.
- Interpret, communicate and provide detailed advice to faculty and staff regarding proposals, interpretation of rules, regulations and compliance issues, and assist in applying them to specific applications, awards, and issues.
- Know and understand sponsor and University policies.
- Take active role in trouble shooting and training departmental users of the COEUS pre-award software, and also grant-related electronic submission sites such as grants.gov, eRA Commons, Assist, Workspace, FastLane, and others. Assist in specialized training courses for departments as needed.
- Review and negotiate grants and cooperative agreements and incoming subawards.
- Contribute to an office work environment focused on providing excellent customer service and seeking continuous process improvement, including cross training in a variety of functional areas for the purpose of job enrichment and expanding knowledge of research administration.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Three years' experience in research administration with some specialized experience in grant administration preferred.
- Some familiarity with legal principles of negotiation.
* Applicants who do not meet the posted requirements but are completing their final academic semester/quarter will be considered eligible for employment and may be asked to provide additional information confirming their academic completion date. Preferred Qualifications:
Special Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Experience with Coeus and SAP software a plus.
- Must be detail-oriented, well-organized, and able to handle multiple projects in a deadline driven environment.
- Must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to handle ambiguity and exercise independent judgment.
- Must be a fast learner and able to work independently after initial instruction.
- Strong ability to negotiate working relationships.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team, and willing to travel to various professional meetings and conferences.
- Strong computer skills required.
- Basic knowledge of Fax, copier and scanner. Spreadsheet applications, word processing and databases.
Classified Title: Grants Associate
Starting Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: Mon - Fri 8:30 - 5:00
Exempt Status: Exempt
Location: Eastern High Campus
Department name: Research Administration Ofc of
Personnel area: University Administration
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the Talent Acquisition Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/
and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/
.The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled. EEO is the Law
Learn more:https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdfTo apply, visit https://jobs.jhu.edu/job/Baltimore-Grants-Associate-MD-21218/878380300/
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
This job has expired.