This is a remote opportunity
Cradlepoint was born in Boise and built for wireless. We are a team of authentic, hard-working, and innovative people driven by a shared vision toConnect Beyond the limits of wired networks. We help customers - big and small, across industries and around the world - utilize LTE and 5G cellular technology to connect people, places, and things, anywhere.We're at the forefront of the Wireless WAN and 5G - the next big waves in networking - and we remain as hungry and humble as the day we started. If you're hungry to be part of something big, come join us.
How Will You Contribute to the Company?
The Global SE Specialist, Security is the Sales Team's premier security subject matter expert (SME) and is well versed in security concepts, implementing security features and functionality of Next-Gen Firewalls (NGFW), building solutions and security integrations with multiple vendors, and enabling SEs to integrate Cradlepoint solutions into their customers' enterprise infrastructure. This position also requires top-caliber communications and negotiation skills to work through sensitive issues with customer security experts and business leaders.
The Global SE Specialist is responsible for working directly with customers, partners, and account SEs to overcome customer security objections and drive Cradlepoint revenue. Additionally, this individual contributes to growing the overall security expertise of the SE organization, has stewardship of/collaborates on security-related product feature requests with product management, and acts as a liaison for customers with the Cradlepoint Security Team.
The ideal Global SE Specialist, Security is naturally curious, enjoys problem-solving, keeps up with the latest trends in security and networking, and is unwavering in their pursuit of honing their craft.
What Will You Do?
- Manage security-related SE/Customer engagement through to completion
- Develop labs, training, documentation, etc. on Cradlepoint security features
- Present to large audiences internally and externally at Cradlepoint and third-party events
- Review and make security recommendations for Center of Excellence solutions
- Lead the cross-functional Security Virtual Team to keep the field, support, and product development up to date on security trends, solution initiatives, etc.
- Identify, mentor, train, develop, and certify Security understudies from the SE Organization
- Engage and collaborate with Product on security feature requests and new product initiatives
- Consult on security feature related bugs and escalations with Support
- Liaison with Cradlepoint security for customer-vendor security assessments
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent experience) supported by 5-7+ years of demonstrated technical success in pre-sales systems engineering in the security field
- Advanced proficiency with security concepts, protocols, and solutions, such as Next-Generation Firewalls, Threat Management, Zero Trust, SASE, IAM/AAA, Cryptography, etc.
- Proficient with the implementation of network concepts, protocols, and solutions, such as routing (BGP, OSPF), VPN (IPSEC, GRE, DMVPN, OpenVPN), LAN configuration (WLAN, VLAN segmentation, etc.), SDWAN, etc.
- Ability to translate advanced concepts into simplified terms, while also being able to speak the language of security professionals from security analysts to CISOs
- Superior professional and communications skills including the ability to navigate ambiguous scenarios, resolve conflict, influence preconceptions, and overcome objections
- Experience with U.S. Federal security requirements
- Familiarity and understanding of Cloud Security Certifications and requirements, such as SOC2, ISO 27001, and FedRAMP
- Security certification preferred (CISSP, CASP+, CSX, GSE, vendor security certification, etc.)
- Network/security automation/programming skills are a plus (e.g., Python)
At Cradlepoint, we're one team - all in on inclusion. Celebrating the uniqueness of our individual team members across the globe helps us build diverse teams where we all can thrive. Our connected, community-focused culture enables each one of us to perform at our best and fully be ourselves.
Our Cradlepoint values drive everything we do:
Stay humble and hungry: Be a curious learner, resilient, and competitive.
Don't point a finger; lend a hand: We are one team! Communicate, provide support, and lift others.
Make a difference: Prioritize, innovate, differentiate, and think big for customer success. Make a difference in work and in our communities.
Keep it simple: Eliminate complexity. Reduce time to value.
Enjoy the ride: Celebrate - appreciate - grow.
Trust, Respect, and transparency: Be ethical, data-driven, respectful, and straight shooters who share openly.
We are creating the future of global connectivity & community. Come join us. You belong here.Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive salary with a focus on a global market; Annual and Incremental Incentive plans; 401K retirement plans (where available)
- Flexible Time Off with Global Holiday Schedules to promote work-life balance
- Wellness initiatives focused on the health and mental well-being of our team members and their families, including free membership to Headspace (a mindfulness and well-being app), an International Employee Assistance Program, and dedicated quarterly Well-being Days and No Internal Meeting Fridays.
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Eligible to participate in customary health and other benefit plans and programs based on location
- Work from home opportunities across our global locations with a culture rooted in inclusion and teamwork
Cradlepoint's Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging mission is to create an inclusive work environment where all employees' differences are celebrated, their thoughts matter, and everyone feels safe to bring their authentic selves to work. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer and aim to attract, develop, and engage top talent from a diverse candidate pool. It is our policy and commitment to provide equal opportunity employment for all persons and not discriminate in employment decisions by placing the most qualified person in each job, without regard to any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
This job has expired.