Braun Intertec is seeking a Geotechnical Drilling Crew Chief to join our Bloomington, MN location.
• Operate drill rig and oversee drilling operations for auger borings, rock coring, monitoring wells, instrumentation installation and other types of drilling as required
• Know when to use different drilling methods
• Collect and log factual field data to the specifications and/or job instructions provided
• Keep a boring/coring log of data and samples obtained and other required information
• Training and supervision of drilling assistant on the drilling site
• Communication with project managers, clients, schedulers and supervisors
• Responsible for daily production and efficient use of drill crew's time as required by scope of work for individual projects
• Responsible for maintenance, repair and general condition of the drill rig, support truck and other equipment
• Must be able to diagnose mechanical problems and perform necessary repairs
• Responsible for promoting and adhering to a safe work practice
• Use required and approved personal protective equipment (PPE) while performing all functions
• Responsible for the safety of the drill crew and other site personnel
Department of Transportation
• Operate drill rigs, tractor trailers and support vehicles in safe and lawful manner
• Maintain necessary documentation relating to the operation of commercial motor vehicles
• Driving of DOT regulated vehicles and all responsibilities and knowledge that is required to stay in compliance with DOT requirements
• Daily inspections of equipment to satisfy DOT requirements and the proper record keeping as required by DOT regulations
• Must be able to communicate effectively with engineers and clients
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds on a regular basis
• Must work outdoors in all types of weather
• Be willing to travel 50% and overnight
• Good mechanical aptitude
• Ability to pass a road test
• At least two years related drilling experience required
• Good driving record
• Class A or B Commercial Driver's License required
• 40-hour Hazmat Training preferred
Braun Intertec is a Drug-Free Workplace and requires all new hires to complete a pre-employment drug screen test, criminal background check, and motor vehicle report.
The successful candidate will be encouraged to expand their skills and certifications through company provided training and mentoring.
Braun Intertec offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, ESOP, PTO, and paid holidays.
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status.
Braun Intertec strives to ensure that its careers web site is accessible to all. If you need assistance completing your online application, please email email@example.com.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Braun Intertec is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In your e-mail, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
Posted about 2 hours ago
Posted about 1 hour ago
Posted about 1 hour ago
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!